News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My latest photoshoot

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 11, 2007, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpm68

Cody - build models until the cows come home and post them to anyone that opens the file. I certainly built a butt-load of models in my youth like the big scale General Lee....1/16, I think. When I get old and can't drive anymore and have to shuffle with my walker, I will probably resort to taking up model building again. And to add, I have certainly seen worse posts. Carry on...

Troy

Quote from: Neal_J on April 12, 2007, 06:58:43 PM
Believe me, we've had words. Haven't we Cody?

I'm glad to hear that.  While it's good that we don't have to endure his "why doesn't anyone love me here?" topics, I'm really not sure that dreamy posts like this are any more endearing:

"And also, I have no 3rd Generation Chargers YET. Im working on a 68 Firebird right now and I plan on building a 71 RT next"

RIIIGHT.....and I'm curing cancer now and am planning to fly to the moon with my jet pants after dinner...

Neal
The topic is models. Someone asked before if he had any third gen models and that was his answer.

By the way, I'll be in "the land of fruits and nuts" at the end of this month. ;) Where are you in relation to Santa Clara? I'd like to try out those jet pants - I hear they're pretty hot.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

LL1 1967 Coronet

I thought of some excelllent commentary to defend/support my postion, but in the end, its Troy's website, and Troy's rules. You have to respect that.  Like an adult, you take your lumps.  In this case the children have won.  I'll be "watching from a distance" but not posting anymore - to protect the intellect and intregrity of others.  LL1 1967 Coronet out at 204...

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 12, 2007, 07:31:15 PM
I thought of some excelllent commentary to defend/support my postion, but in the end, its Troy's website, and Troy's rules. You have to respect that.  Like an adult, you take your lumps.  In this case the children have won.  I'll be "watching from a distance" but not posting anymore - to protect the intellect and intregrity of others.  LL1 1967 Coronet out at 204...

I'll miss ya buddy.

QuoteRIIIGHT.....and I'm curing cancer now and am planning to fly to the moon with my jet pants after dinner...

Neal

Priceless!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Drache

Didn't anyone ever watch Bambi with their kids or during a drunken stupor?

"If you don't have anything nice to say keep your trap shut!" (I think that's how it went...)  :icon_smile_big:

Why make a post bashing someone? Just don't open the post and don't comment if you don't have anything to add....

Cody, is the '71 R/T model the one that has a lime or puke green picture on the box?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

sharpspike

ouch, i think i just got spanked by Troy :'( your right Troy, we do get out of hand some time. Sorry.

Cody, i apologize to you too, i think i put in my posts that i was ribbing, but if i hurt you im sorry. sometimes people just go with the flow. i would much rather read a post about where your at on your charger, what youve tore down, planing to replace, motor choice, that would get you a good learning discussion going.

Troy, did you ever go get a compressor from Eaton's?

"note to self" play well with others :devil: :angel:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 12, 2007, 05:35:45 PM
I'm playing nice when I say this - - He is very good at building cars with the "rotting in junkyard theme". He should build a replica of his own Charger, in primer, missing  hood, rust, whatever, etc. and then show it off to us in a post. I'm sure we would all get a big kick outta that, and he could have a 'before" and "after" version of his car. To me, that would be a good use of his time...and rewarding for us, the viewer.  I'm sorry if anybody takes this as "bashing"

Thats actually a GREAT IDEA!!!! And btw, it has a hood and its on it right now ;). And nobody has ever hurt my feelings. Ive just gotten a little annoyed but not sad or hurt. And Drache, the 71 RT on the box is yellow
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Neal_J

Why is there no handle on the jack in your signature pic?

That's just freaky.

Neal

Drache

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 12, 2007, 11:55:23 PM
And Drache, the 71 RT on the box is yellow

The one I was thinking of was just the plain '71 Charger! I still awaiting the release of a 3rd Gen model with a diecast body...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Neal_J on April 13, 2007, 12:11:32 AM

That's just freaky.

Neal

Cuz we were working on it and we didnt want to keep hitting it.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 13, 2007, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: Neal_J on April 13, 2007, 12:11:32 AM

That's just freaky.

Neal

Cuz we were working on it and we didnt want to keep hitting it.

Dude, it's called sarcasm.

The faster you pick it up, the better we'll all be.  :icon_smile_big:

Seriously, there is a whole world of snappy come-backs and hidden meaning out there.

In the words of Fyodor Dostoevsky: "Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded."

Well, hopefully your soul hasn't been invaded, but if it has been, get tested. :2thumbs:

On the other hand, Thomas Carlyle said, "Sarcasm is the language of the devil, for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it."

I guess I'm listening to the wrong shoulder. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TripleBlackGator

Did I hear someone say sarcasm?  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on April 11, 2007, 08:43:27 PM
You should do more of that type of thing..

Im trying to but my stupid digital camera uses the batteries in about 15 minutes and since I dont have any brand new ones, it used 2 sets of batteries in 10 minutes. And I cant find anymore batteries around here and theres not a store for over 10km's. But I tried doing a jump over this muddy dry ditchin the front yard and I got a great take off shot but then the camera ran out. Its funny though too because somehow the front valance got all muddy and dirty from the jump pics I have done. AND, I recentley re-installed the grille in the General Lee model after that death defying jump over the pond :D

TUFCAT

I saw the General Lee, but where's Roscoe during all this?  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 13, 2007, 11:35:26 AM

But I tried doing a jump over this muddy dry ditchin the front yard and I got a great take off shot but then the camera ran out. Its funny though too because somehow the front valance got all muddy and dirty from the jump pics I have done. AND, I recentley re-installed the grille in the General Lee model after that death defying jump over the pond :D

Jump? I see wires in your pictures. Explain.  ???

Neal_J

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 13, 2007, 10:51:41 AM
Did I hear someone say sarcasm?  :D

Sometimes I wish I had a sarcasm detector (to go along with my jet pants).  Man, that would be a good invention...

Well, I gotta get back to solving global warming before lunchtime.  I've got a three way scheduled with Shania Twain & Faith Hill over the lunch hour.  I'm doing my own Lasik surgery this afternoon. 

Man I sure miss those lazy days when I could snap pics of my model cars...before my batteries died.

Neal

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 13, 2007, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 13, 2007, 11:35:26 AM

But I tried doing a jump over this muddy dry ditchin the front yard and I got a great take off shot but then the camera ran out. Its funny though too because somehow the front valance got all muddy and dirty from the jump pics I have done. AND, I recentley re-installed the grille in the General Lee model after that death defying jump over the pond :D

Jump? I see wires in your pictures. Explain.  ???

I was being funny...haha. I used fishing wire to hold the car in the air.

69charger2002

i think your pictures came out EXCELLENT. good job
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69bronzeT5

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 13, 2007, 03:58:20 PM

I was being funny...haha. I used fishing wire to hold the car in the air.

Don't quit your day job.

chargerboy69

I think your pictures came out great. Very nice job. :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TUFCAT

How's the build up of your Charger model coming 'before restoration"

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 18, 2007, 06:51:10 PM
How's the build up of your Charger model coming 'before restoration"

Actually, I plan on doing a current model of it and I havent started. ;)