News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My latest photoshoot

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 11, 2007, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

What's the 10 day forecast for BC Canada?
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Manfred318

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 11, 2007, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: Arthur on April 11, 2007, 12:48:17 PM
Hey man this is actually worth postig, I think the pics are pretty cool :2thumbs: not much of a model fan (except female models) but the pics were very creative!

Also the rest of you guys I know he can irritate the shit out of me too, but not this thread... Just leave it ok...

Arthur
:iagree:  Nice job, Cody.
:iagree: Creative :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Troy

Vancouver Island
Victoria claims the mildest climate in Canada because the Pacific ocean in this region maintains a constant temperature of 50 degrees F. Prevailing westerly ocean winds provide a buffer to warmer summer and cooler winter temperatures. Regional mountains also provide weather protection, and as a result, Victoria has the lowest rainfall on the West Coast and consequently enjoys the most days of sunshine. Victoria is the only city in Canada that has recorded winters when the thermometer did not drop below freezing. Even in January the temperate climate allows outdoor activities such as fishing, sailing and golfing in the coastal areas.

The west coast of Vancouver Island is exposed to the moisture-laden westerly winds blowing off the warmer Pacific Ocean. The warm air masses are forced up by the island's mountain ranges resulting in considerable precipitation falling on the Pacific Rim region during the winter months of September to March. Summers are relatively dry.
http://www.vancouverisland.com/information/details.asp?id=16

Forecast:
Tonight's low 4 C (39 F)
Thursday high 14 C (57 F)
Friday high 11 C (52 F)
Saturday high 13 C (55 F)
Sunday high 15 C (59 F)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hutch

love the photos.  I think what you did was pretty smart.  you should try and do a comic book style shoot with a story behind it.  Like still photo team america style.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

dodgecharger-fan

Nice work!  You should do more of that type of thing..

Wheels of Terror

Very nice Cody!!!!!  I loved the Mopar junkyard! You have alot of talent! Is this why alot of supposedly grown "men" pic on a teenager perhaps? . Why do pick on him?  Is it because your kid isn't into the Mopar hobby?

It gets extremely aggrivating to read a great post only to have to read through alot of immature and wothless comments from adults.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Red Ram

Very cool photoshoot! Don't know why grown men feel the need to rip down a fellow mopar fan. They act like schoolyard bullies. You know what they say about bullies...they hide their own insecurities and fears by ripping down others. Keep on having fun!
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Dude

Oh come on ...give me a break. Go practice your philosophy on someone who gives a crap. :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Is that enough "bullying" for you , or do you want more?

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

You gonna stop me? How about this  :nana: :nana: and take that :nana: :nana: :nana:

Lighten up, Francis!

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: hutch on April 11, 2007, 08:24:23 PM
love the photos.  I think what you did was pretty smart.  you should try and do a comic book style shoot with a story behind it.  Like still photo team america style.

That's a great idea!! You did a great Photoshop with your Charger having the face of one the Car characters. Let's see what you can do! By the way, are you able to please Photoshop Snot Rod's face into my 74's?
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Troy on April 11, 2007, 08:13:14 PM
Vancouver Island
Victoria claims the mildest climate in Canada because the Pacific ocean in this region maintains a constant temperature of 50 degrees F. Prevailing westerly ocean winds provide a buffer to warmer summer and cooler winter temperatures. Regional mountains also provide weather protection, and as a result, Victoria has the lowest rainfall on the West Coast and consequently enjoys the most days of sunshine. Victoria is the only city in Canada that has recorded winters when the thermometer did not drop below freezing. Even in January the temperate climate allows outdoor activities such as fishing, sailing and golfing in the coastal areas.

The west coast of Vancouver Island is exposed to the moisture-laden westerly winds blowing off the warmer Pacific Ocean. The warm air masses are forced up by the island's mountain ranges resulting in considerable precipitation falling on the Pacific Rim region during the winter months of September to March. Summers are relatively dry.
http://www.vancouverisland.com/information/details.asp?id=16

Forecast:
Tonight's low 4 C (39 F)
Thursday high 14 C (57 F)
Friday high 11 C (52 F)
Saturday high 13 C (55 F)
Sunday high 15 C (59 F)

Troy

I said 10 day!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 12, 2007, 09:14:27 AM
here you go TBG

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/CAXX0518?from=search_10day

v/r
Mike

Now that's service. So is it Scott's with Halts or Scott's Plus 2 Weed Control time there right now?

Bob

Cody,
How many 3rd generation models do you have?
Bob

Troy

For the people who seem to be missing some posts but still can't get a clue, here you go:

I'm sick of all the member bashing going on it is will NOT be tolerated any more. Period. I've let it go on too long.

Troy

Drache

Quote from: 400 Big Block on April 12, 2007, 02:24:58 PM
Cody,
How many 3rd generation models do you have?
Bob

If I remember correctly there is only a single 3rd gen model kit unless you can find them back from the 70's! Only now they are making finally a 1:24th scale diecast which will set me back a hundred or two I think.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Neal_J

Quote from: Troy on April 12, 2007, 02:31:27 PM
I'm sick of all the member bashing going on it is will NOT be tolerated any more. Period. I've let it go on too long.

Troy

Troy:

I understand your point, respect your ownership of the forum and agree with you.  To a point, at least. 

In fairness, however, how much nonsense are the regular forum members required to absorb from folks like Bronze without reacting to the absurdity? 

I'm totally behind encouraging the younger Mopar devotees and, sure, we should all play nice.  But doesn't that also include some reasonable limits on inane topics/posts?

Neal

69bronzeT5

Thank god! The bashing is over!!!! And also, I have no 3rd Generation Chargers YET. Im working on a 68 Firebird right now and I plan on building a 71 RT next
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Unfortunately, the number of stupid posts required to run off members is a whole lot higher than the number of rude posts. It's not all about Cody either - check around the site for a bit and you'll see plenty of evidence of what I am referring to. This thread was actually (mostly) on topic (car related) and showed some initiative at getting outside, doing something enjoyable and sharing that with other like-minded individuals. The fact that certain people are chomping at the bit to find anything worth ridicule is very sad. I admit, there are times when something gets posted that deserves a razzing but not *every* single post from someone. You may not have read all of the posts here before I removed them but I have to wonder some times if the adults are more immature than the kids.

Troy

LL1 1967 Coronet

I'm playing nice when I say this - - He is very good at building cars with the "rotting in junkyard theme". He should build a replica of his own Charger, in primer, missing  hood, rust, whatever, etc. and then show it off to us in a post. I'm sure we would all get a big kick outta that, and he could have a 'before" and "after" version of his car. To me, that would be a good use of his time...and rewarding for us, the viewer.  I'm sorry if anybody takes this as "bashing"

Neal_J

Hey Troy:

Thanks for your response.

I'll be the first to admit I've ragged on Cody on some of his inane posts.  Unfortunately, inane seems to characterize the majority of his posts (present topic notwithstanding.)  If many of his posts weren't downright foollish, I suppose I'd have more tolerance.  I've seen directly and understand that some members take it too far, but I hope you appreciate just how immature & annoying many of these teen-authored posts are.

Now frankly, I believe most of his posts are the result of teenage bordom in the absence of a girlfriend and/or beer. An abundance of free time, evidently few friends and ready interent access are a volatile cocktail.  Not surprisingly, I perceive most of his posts as annoying (perhaps intentionally?) rather than legitimate questions to learn more about cars or Chargers.  His credibility is often questionable, IMHO.

In the end, I'll play nice as you've asked.  I sure wish taht either the site owner and/or the moderators would have a word with troublesome teenage posters and ask them to give some *thought* before they post.  The site would certainly be more pleasurable for all if both these behavioral changes are made.

I've said my peace.  Thanks Troy.

Neal

Troy

LL1 1967 Coronet: That wasn't the part that caused me to remove it (them actually). Do not attempt to play the feigned innocence routine because I'm really not in the mood and I'm not finding a whole lot of things funny right now. Here is the first post I removed and you later reposted almost the same thing with slightly milder wording:
Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 11, 2007, 08:16:20 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 11, 2007, 12:17:51 AM
So I decided to take my camera and my models out today and have some fun. Heres what I got. What do u guys think?

Ladies and Gentlemen....I think we've been PUNK'D by our little buddy - again! :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: So you took your "camera and your models out today and had some fun"....hmmm, April 10th in BC Canada??  You sure have an awful lot of green grass around those Northern parts of Canada this time of year, and in some places, it looks like it needs to be mowed. Man, I must be missing something, living here in gloomy Michigan, where the average temps are still in the high 40's!!  I'm amazed! I can't get over the amount of green leaves you guys have on your trees up there in Canada.... (the General Lee jump picture) and the pond looks like a similar summer setting as well. For all we know, that could be from the lifesize aquatic natural terrarium at your Grandma's house...by the way, where are the free range turtles and lizzards?  Oops, I think I saw a bearded dragon - - or maybe a clam?? Nope. Sorry, that's not anything that you'd be interested in.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Here's a tip... Insstead of  "yesterday when I was bored and took my car models out....."  why don't you try:  "hey guys...last summer I took my car models out"

You would have more credibility on this site, and we wouldn't bust your balls all the time about "beeing so bored"  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Your only saving grace is..... the pictures were actually cool.

Over 31 of your posts in just the last four days have been directed at Cody in an insulting tone and another 22 spent egging on the train wreck in Jackie's dash pad thread. You made 78 total posts in that timespan and I've had to remove 24 of them. Not a good ratio. Let me further clarify - you spent 40% of your time here maligning a 14 year old. Does that make you feel better? I bet if I go back through you're entire posting history there's even more. Yeah, every once in a while people feel a bit saucy and take a pot shot or two at another member but this is on a completely different level. The debate over quantity vs quality has no clear winner in this case. You've been called out repeatedly by other members (self-moderation has worked well in the past). That apparently hasn't had any impact. Does that make the situation clearer?

Troy

Troy

Quote from: Neal_J on April 12, 2007, 06:41:33 PM
Hey Troy:

Thanks for your response.

I'll be the first to admit I rag on Cody when his posts are inane - which, unfortunately, seem to represent the majority of his posts (present topic notwithstanding.)  If something less than 90% of his posts weren't foolish, I suppose I'd have more tolerance.  I've seen directly and understand that some members take it too far, but I hope you appreciate just how immature & annoying many of the teen-derived posts are.

Now frankly, I believe most of his posts are the result of teenage bordom in the absence of a girlfriend and/or beer. An abundance of free time, evidently few friends and ready interent access are a volatile cocktail.  Not surprisingly, I perceive most of his posts as annoying (perhaps intentionally?) rather than legitimate questions to learn more about cars or Chargers. 

In the end, I'll play nice as you've asked. I sure wish the site owner or the moderators would have a word with troublesome teenage posters and ask them to give some *thought* before they post.

My two cents...

Neal
Believe me, we've had words. Haven't we Cody?

Come on Neal, don't you remember the good ol' days when Cody's posts were more like "Doesn't anyone like me?". This is better right? ;)

And, for the record, there's not enough time in this world for me to have words with everyone who makes a stupid/inane/juvenile/condescending/racist/classless post around here. I leave that decision making process up to the fine folks who actually use the "Report to moderator" link". :2thumbs:

Troy

Neal_J

I'm glad to hear that.  While it's good that we don't have to endure his "why doesn't anyone love me here?" topics, I'm really not sure that dreamy posts like this are any more endearing:

"And also, I have no 3rd Generation Chargers YET. Im working on a 68 Firebird right now and I plan on building a 71 RT next"

RIIIGHT.....and I'm curing cancer now and am planning to fly to the moon with my jet pants after dinner...

Neal

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Neal_J on April 12, 2007, 06:58:43 PM

I'm glad to hear that.  While it's good that we don't have to endure his "why doesn't anyone love me here?" topics, I'm really not sure that dreamy posts like this are any more endearing:

"And also, I have no 3rd Generation Chargers YET. Im working on a 68 Firebird right now and I plan on building a 71 RT next"

RIIIGHT.....and I'm curing cancer now and am planning to fly to the moon with my jet pants after dinner...

Neal

Alrighty George Sr.

:D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!