News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FastbackJon makes Mopar Muscle Magazine

Started by TruckDriver, April 09, 2007, 01:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

You long time guys should remember when he had the new picture taken. Wasn't that last year? Or was that the year before already?

I know you don't come around here much now Jon, but congrads all the same :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TurquoiseRT

How cool was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awsome salute!!!! Thanks for the heads up on that.

Charger1973

Shakey

NYCMille

71ChallengeHer

LL1 1967 Coronet

I wish I could do that! Congrats to Grandma for keeping Dad's suit, and gosh, wow - the neighboirhood even still looks nice!! Great, great, great symbolism - too bad your father couldn't see how cool  that was - in someway, maybe he can :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Bluestar

Tis cool indeed.

Notice that the big house between and behind the two on theother side of the road is gone now.

RECHRGD

I had the pleasure of meeting Jon's Dad not long before he passed away.  He didn't look much different than he did in that photo.  His passing was completely unexpected.  He had a real bad flu or cold and just died while driving home from work.  Really sad.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

69charger2002

i just got done reading that article in the mag. really awesome. got the same pic down to a T as well. SO COOL
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FastbackJon

Thanks to all, I think the article turned out really nice as well. The suit was actually in my parents closet after all those years dad kept it around for some reason, maybe this was it? I think we have to be almost the same ages in the pictures, his picture would have been from the late '60's which would have put him in his early '20's, and I'm 23 now. A later picture of his car from the '70's shows the Coronet bumper, rear mudflaps, and front bumper guards, like what is on my car now.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Charger1973

Just curious, but what is the purpose of switching to a Coronet bumper?

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Charger1973

Thats the only difference I see but I thought the turn signals were built into the sides of the grille...  which is pretty cool.  Not sure why you would want to switch that. 

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

FastbackJon

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 09, 2007, 07:23:58 PM
Thats the only difference I see but I thought the turn signals were built into the sides of the grille...  which is pretty cool.  Not sure why you would want to switch that. 

So you can hook them all up to work at the same time...  though I didn't have my bumper lights installed at the time of the lower picture, they work now.

Funny part is that I hooked up the parking lights to stay on with my headlights, then found the picture of dad's car later and he had done the same thing, yet never had said a word about doing it.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

69bronzeT5

I sent my pics and submission into PentaStars too. I guess you got in first. ;D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger1973

Looks good!  I like that hood quite a bit too...

What ever happened to your dads Charger? 

FastbackJon

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 09, 2007, 11:13:59 PM
Looks good!  I like that hood quite a bit too...

What ever happened to your dads Charger? 

Left him I think in '78 or '79 and changed hands a couple times and last I heard it was sent to salvage after being hit in the side in July 1987.

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

Neal_J

Terrific story & pic.  Nice tribute!

Neal

hemigeno

That is an awesome story - congrats Jon!!

CharlieCharger

That picture turned out real well, Im sure you grandma had chills? Sorry for your loss.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris