News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 SATTELITE

Started by Bob, April 09, 2007, 08:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Traveling back and forth on the road I live on. I pass a farm at the top of the hill. Now this is only like half a mile. I could always see a blue car behind the barn. Saturday I seen some guys washing there 4 wheelers so I stopped in and ask them if I could go around the barn and look at the car. It's a 72 Satellite 318 car. The interior is slapstick, good condition, bucket seats and a 150 mph rally dash. The dash pad only has one little crack staring in it. I want to make a offer to the owner but don't know where to start. Body is not beyond repair but I don't want the body. I'm interested in the interior. Any kinda idea what I should offer. I don't want to steal it but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Bob

69charger2002

if the body is bad, interior good enough to use. i'd offer 500-1000
if he laughs at that offer.. then keep looking
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Bob

Trav,
I'm thinking in the line of around 500. Without doing alot of research, Ebay, I'm not sure what an entire interior would cost. I could not see if they were 6 way seats or not. The front seats need recovered but the back is nice. The T handle is not cracked or broke and the console looks pretty decent. The doors were locked so peering through the windows was my only option.
Bob

69charger2002

yeah well if its not for resale, and stuff you NEED. $500 is a very good price. just a good console, shifter, cluster, and pair of recorable buckets plus shipping off ebay would cost you over $500. this car is down the street. that's always a better option. chances are it does not have a 6 way seat, but you never know.. IF you get that car for $500 and drag it back home, the good thing is you can take what you need and either part the rest out or sell as is and get most of your money back that way. which is the way i afford to get things i want. buy something, keep what you need, sell the rest..and have those needed parts for free or very cheap. it's the mopar way lol
good luck let us know what happens

Bob

Stupid me, 3 years ago I drug a 72 Charger home for 300 dollars. Nice hideaways, dash and console. Advertised all the parts here for cheap. Hideaways complete with bumper and good motor was $350. No takers for anything. So I ended up selling everything for one money. Charger and 2 truck loads of parts for $450. Hind sight being 20/20, I should have just held onto everything. Now I'm back out there trying to find the parts again.
Like you said, keep what I want and sell the rest.

Bob

hemihead

$500 - $1000?  :o you can't even touch a parts car for that anymore. Usually the same people who buy cheap are the same ones who get offended when offered low prices for parts they have to sell.Then they come on here and say that the buyer was crazy for his low offer.
If that guy with the Satellite knows anything he'll laugh very hard at $1000.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69charger2002

lol hemi head i sure fall into that category. buy cheap.. sell high. you have to if you want to stay in this hobby. but i don't get offended when someone tries to low ball me. they just go home empty handed no big deal. and seriously 400, if that car is a PARTS CAR, i wouldn't dare pay over $1000. then you're getting into the land of "MAY break even on the deal". if he laughs, you don't need it. it's a damn 72 satellite, not a 69 roadrunner.
trav

Bob

Well, If the guy wants it to sit and sink another 6 inches in the ground that's his prerogative. I'm sure the cows don't mind it sitting there since they lick the mirrors for something to do. I would never low-ball someone intentionally. I just hate initiating a price when I myself don't know what it's worth. I like the road runner clones but that never crossed my mind. When and if he contacts me or I see him pulling a teat on his cow I will talk with him about the car. Like most of you have heard, it could turn out with the remark, "One day I'm going to restore it," and six months later it is in an estate sale or on the back of a scrap truck. Either way, I thought it was pretty cool that in my own back yard was an old Mopar that I never new was there. Anyway, I will keep you posted on the car.
Thanks for the feedback.
Bob

old man

I understand your not wanting to lowball someone on their car. Most of the time I will when I go check on something I go a different route. When they ask me what I will give them I tell them I don't want to price their part or car. I tell them they have an idea of it's worth and I would rather work on their value than mine. That way most of time they just shoot a price most of the time low and we go from there. If it's too high I just tell them I can't see that price and shoot them back a counteroffer. If it's not taken then I thank them and walk away after giving them my number for future use if they want to.  If I don't get it sometimes they call me and we work out a deal later and I go back to get it. 
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Bob

I agree about letting the phone number. More times than not, they call.
Thanks

Bob

I just checked ebay, there are no 72 Satellites listed right now and parts are limited also. There might be something to this car :scope:

Bob

I talked with the boy last evening. Seems it's a keepsake that was owned by his dad and then his grand dad. He is interested in getting rid of it and he will let me know. Hopefully before it sinks another 6 inches.
Bob

Doright

Not maney of them left I would keep it if body was good
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

bordin34

i would ask him what he want for and negotiate from there. Why can't anybody spell Satelite correct? I'm not sure I even spelt it right.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

I thought 6 way seats werent an option after 71?  In any case its rare and I doubt it would have one. 

RD

hey, gimme his phone number, i will make an offer :D hehehehe j/k
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twilt

Bob

twilt

Quote from: Bob on April 26, 2007, 05:40:45 AM
Saddle light ??? 

Bob, that might explain why you didn`t find many parts for those cars being sold on Ebay.   :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Bob

:haha: :haha: Thanks Twilt.
Also, it was ordered with a 727 trany. Don't know if that is a rare option or not on a 318 car.

69charger2002

wonder if it was ordered with saddle light radio too. that was extremely rare back in the day. now common on 07's free for a year.. lol

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 26, 2007, 11:17:12 AM
wonder if it was ordered with saddle light radio too. that was extremely rare back in the day. now common on 07's free for a year.. lol
Is that the option for owners who are 'light in their loafers' to hear like-minded music?  ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BMOTOXSTAR

I don't know. Those 72's are starting to go up. They have the cool front end and rear tail lights. They are getting sucked up & cloned. Look at how the 73' 74' Satellites have started to creep up in $. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Steve P.

It must be a Sebring if it has a console and 150MPH speedo. The normal Sat. is a 4-door.

Did I ever mention that I love that body style?? Do me one in tripppllle black..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Bob

I really gotta get this car.