News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1955 - 1957 Chevy

Started by JMF, July 31, 2007, 11:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

For anyone who has ever driven a 1955 - 1957 Chevy 2 door coupe, what do they drive like? Assuming everything's fairly stock? Compare to a 1968 - 1970 Charger say? Also what is considered the best year? 55, 56 or 57? 4 speed or auto? Preferred color?

Brock Samson

personally i'll take a '56 Nomad, jade green black tuck and roll with old school americans....

(my buddy had one like that in H.S.)

it rode like a heavy car and not particually manuvearable but had some real character... extreamly popular even in the '70s...

there's a guy here from Hawaii who sold/traded his '57 for an awsome G.L.

i'll try and find the thread..
here... a great read..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18725.0.html

JMF

Thanks, what's the difference between a 2 door coupe and a sport 2 door coupe?

Brock Samson

hey you got 427 posts i think it's a sign...  :smilielol:

Charger_Fan

Man, that's a BEAUTIFUL '57! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JMF

Not sure I like how they all put the modern interior in them though, I like the oldness : )

The70RT

Compared to a Charger...night & day. If you leave all the suspension and steering stock they drive and ride cumbersome. Like a drunk old bitch. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: The70RT on August 01, 2007, 06:22:12 PM
If you leave all the suspension and steering stock they drive and ride cumbersome. Like a drunk old bitch. :Twocents:

you can say that again...    buddy in school had a 56 with a 350 4-speed combo...     stock suspension...     SCARY to drive...    not scary fast mind you...     scary steering (lack of)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger1973

I really prefer the 56.  The 55s had more squared off wheel wells that I didnt like and the fins on the 57 do nothing for me.  I rode with a guy I know in his 56 at high speeds on a winding road.  327, open headers, 4 speed and no seat belts make for a pretty scary ride.  It was fun though and I would love to have one.   :2thumbs:

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tkkruzer

my first car was a 57 2 door sedan, 327 with a 4 speed. cool looking car. 57's were all alone, no other chevy looked like it , but it drove like a hay wagon. when you had to turn a corner she'd lean bad, no sway bars at all. but I could get all my buds in it at the same time :2thumbs: yep , she was for cruzin :coolgleamA: sadly the car was killed by a 76 thunder turd.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: oh well thats life, I have moved on to bigger and better things such as my 74 R/R :icon_smile_cool: TK