News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

75 Charger rotor and drum for 73 Charger?

Started by Pouria, April 06, 2007, 11:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pouria

Hi,
Today I went to the JY and found a 75 Charger sitting there with a 318 Engine. The brake rotors and drums of my 73 Charger are in poor condition, but on this 75 they are fair. I wana know if I can replace mine with them. The appearance of the drums are not the same, mine is very simple while the one on the 75 seems to be kind of ventilated drum. Do you recomment me to buy them? I can get two rotors + two drums + 28" Radiator all for less than 100$. Shall I go on?

moparguy01

Personally I would go to a parts store and order new ones. you can get new rotors for a 73 for around 50 bucks a peice, and drums I honestly dont know since I havent had to replace mine in years.

Pouria

I live in Iran, finding spare part for Mopars are a great headache here! That's why I need to take this opportunity and get these parts out of that 75Charger. Do they fit my 73Charger?

moparguy01

They might, but honestly I dont know if the charger you have over there is the same as the charger we have over here. I know the south american chargers are more like the American Darts. Your bestbetwould be to measure them and check that way.

71charger_fan

'73-up B-bodies share the same spindle. So, as long as the rotors are the same diameter, they'll work. Since parts are so hard to come by in Iran, you should just take all you can from the '75 to have some spares. At least here in Egypt there are Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealers.

Charger1973

If I had that much trouble getting parts and had to search for other cars, I would definately look for a parts interchange book.

71charger_fan

Considering there were probably no, or very few, American cars brought into your country after 1979 you really should get very well acquainted with what interchanges. For your front brakes you can scavenge from:

Dodge Aspen
Plymouth Volare
Chrysler Cordoba
'73-up Charger
'75-up small Fury
'73-up Coronet
'73-up Satellite
'73-up Road Runner
Dodge Magnum (B-body, not the current model)
Dodge Mirada (I doubt any of those made it to Iran, but one never knows)

If the rotors on the car in the junkyard are a different diameter, just take the caliper adapters from that car and you should be fine. I didn't bother mentioning the R-bodies since they were introduced in '79 but if you see a Dodge St. Regis, that also has the same spindles.

Pouria

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 08, 2007, 01:36:05 AM
If I had that much trouble getting parts and had to search for other cars, I would definately look for a parts interchange book.
How can I get this book? What is the name? Where can be found?

Pouria

Dear 71Charger fan (Sorry, I do not know your real name), what is your opinon about the rear drums? Can I get them out of that 75 Charger too?

71charger_fan

As long as they're the same size, they should be fine. Since they're coming off another Charger, you know the stud pattern is the same. If the ones in the junkyard are larger, maybe you should grab everything. Backing plates, etc.

Terry

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 07, 2007, 02:13:46 PM
I know the south american chargers are more like the American Darts.

just brazilians
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html