News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air compressor/tool problems

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 05, 2007, 12:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I am having trouble using some, not all, of my air tools and I am wondering if it has something to do with the compressor or airline. The tools that I notice a problem on are, the cut off wheel and the impact wrench, and one of two DA sanders(thats another story).
What happens is there is a short burst of power when the trigger is depressed and then it drops down pretty significant if the trigger is held longer. It makes the cut off tool somewhat useless and decreases the power of the impact wrench.

I have used the compressor for 5 years now and not found this problem till this winter.
I have changed my air filter setup. I now have 2 air filters directly connected to each other in the line whereas I used to have just one.
I don't notice any airleaks.
Any ideas would be wonderful.

Silver R/T

maybe swap back to one filter, check if your compressor is working correctly. Have you drained it in a while?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

graig692003

Hey, I read your other stuff about your da and I'm not sure what is going on there, but I just put in a sears 60 gallan tank aircompressor. I had trouble with water at first and I had to do some adjustments on the airlines. I work as a machineist for a living and deal with air all day long. It sounds like to me it's coming from you compressor with the drop your dealing with. Eaither to much moister in the lines after a short period of use and that will slow tools down. Or your compressor is getting slow and not keeping up. Check your gages while you are running your tools. It has to maintain 90 psi. Later, Graig

400/6/PAC

I use my cut off whell quite often and I noticed it requires a lot more air then some of my other air tools.
I found out that my air compressor has a leather piston,Go figure.
Took it in for a, so called tune up and my air tool seem to be a lot faster.
Keep in mind that some air tools require a lot more air to operate then others.