News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

detailing that E-body dash...

Started by hemi68charger, July 10, 2007, 09:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Thought I'd show a little before and after on this lettering I've been doing for my friend and his '71 Challenger R/T... As you can see, the original white is long gone worn off.. Here you can see where I freshened up the letters... Man, these paint markers work great !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

71ChallengeHer

Wow, that looks great. :2thumbs:   What kinda paint marker did you use?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 11, 2007, 01:23:40 AM
Wow, that looks great. :2thumbs:   What kinda paint marker did you use?

Thanks.. I used Elmers Painters Paint marker (fine).. Here's a link to an advertisement.. My wife got these at Hobby Lobby...

Elmers Painters; paint markers (fine)

Here's the finished item..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

That does look great.  Did you redo the chromed border part too Troy?  It looks brighter in the second pic.

Old Moparz

They do look great Troy.  :cheers: 

I have faded dash parts that need to be freshened up & will try that too, thanks for the tip.

I have a related E-Body question for you, do you need, or have you a decent dash pad, or did you need to replace it? I'm looking for opinions on a replacement for my '71 Barracuda. I don't want to send it out to have it recovered just yet, I'd rather get a replacement if they are good enough.

Thanks, Bob
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry