News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on the front windshield weatherstripping...

Started by 69Charger_440, April 04, 2007, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

This is a rookie question  :P, but I'd rather ask now than be sorry later.  Anyhow, Year One has a '68-'70 B-body weatherstrip for the Windshield Gaskets (Item# WCRD715).  Would this be the correct one for a '69 Charger, and if so, is it just one piece that is needed for the FRONT windshield?

Thanks,

Fernando 

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on April 04, 2007, 09:25:18 PM
This is a rookie question  :P, but I'd rather ask now than be sorry later.  Anyhow, Year One has a '68-'70 B-body weatherstrip for the Windshield Gaskets (Item# WCRD715).  Would this be the correct one for a '69 Charger, and if so, is it just one piece that is needed for the FRONT windshield?

Thanks,

Fernando 

ADDENDUM:

Is the weatherstrip one whole piece that is connected together or is it one long strip?

Thanks,

Fernando

400/6/PAC

Need more info
Are you asking about windshield installation, if so you should use a sealer that is like caulk.
What gasket are you refering too?

69Charger_440

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on April 04, 2007, 09:53:26 PM
Need more info
Are you asking about windshield installation, if so you should use a sealer that is like caulk.

Maybe I used the wrong word (gasket).  I was just wondering if the weatherstrip that Y.O. has listed is the one for the front windshield of a '69 Charger.

Fernando

AutoRust

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on April 04, 2007, 10:28:31 PM
Need more info

Maybe I used the wrong word (gasket).  I was just wondering if the weatherstrip that Y.O. has listed is the one for the front windshield of a '69 Charger.

Fernando

Yes, get the B-body one thats listed in YR-1 catalog.  They do not use caulking/sealant on the B-bodys, just that one piece gasket kit.

Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

400/6/PAC

I stand corrected.
I didnt know you could get that gasket ,so now I get to redo my windshield. :'(

69Charger_440

Quote from: AutoRust on April 05, 2007, 08:57:14 AM
Quote from: 69Charger_440 on April 04, 2007, 10:28:31 PM
Need more info

Fernando

Yes, get the B-body one thats listed in YR-1 catalog.  They do not use caulking/sealant on the B-bodys, just that one piece gasket kit.

Thank you, sir!