News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Magnum or Honda Odyssey?

Started by RT DAVE, April 04, 2007, 09:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

That was the question posed to me by my wife.  We got the magnum.  I hope I'm not going to regret it.   We would have gotten a dodge minivan if it wasn't such a POS.   Anyone else got a mangum out there?   We got it for 75% of sticker price plus I got full KBB excellent trade in value for my neon, so I'm happy.  Yep it's got a HEMI*

*fake hemi

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

pettyfan43

I know guys who have Chargers and Magnums, I think you'll be very happy.

As far as it being a "fake Hemi", it DOES have hemispherical combustion chambers and opposed valves. IT IS A Hemi!

Charger_Fan

It's a real Hemi, just a little Hemi. ;)
I'd say you definitely picked the better of the two, even if this car doesn't have quite the same headroom as the Odyssey...it's a got much more 'cool factor' to it. :coolgleamA:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RT DAVE

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 04, 2007, 11:11:21 AM
I'd say you definitely picked the better of the two, even if this car doesn't have quite the same headroom as the Odyssey...it's a got much more 'cool factor' to it. :coolgleamA:

Actually, the magnum has more headroom and and legroom than the Honda.  I'm 6'5", so that's important to me.   

bull

I'd buy six Magnums before I'd buy one Magnum sedan, and I'm not all that excited about the Magnum. :icon_smile_wink: They seem like pretty nice cars though from what I can tell. I needed something similar not to long ago and migrated toward the 4X4 Durango when I started looking at rigs that big.

Have fun with it!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RT DAVE on April 04, 2007, 11:32:21 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 04, 2007, 11:11:21 AM

Actually, the magnum has more headroom and and legroom than the Honda.  I'm 6'5", so that's important to me.   
I wouldn't have guessed that by looking at the two. Good, one more bonus then. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dude

bordin34

Looks good. I thought the new hemis had penthouse combustion chambers instead.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

LL1 1967 Coronet

Nice color choice....and Great Car. By the looks of your garage you have kids....I'm sure you (and they) will enjoy this car!

71ChallengeHer

I like the  :thumbs:Magnum. Good choice.

Just 6T9 CHGR

My wife has an Odyssey (we had an '02 now an '05) and she loves them....trouble free as well.   The new one had 240hp and my gas bills prove it  :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

Congrats on the new ride. Welcome to the LX side of the MOPAR family.

Check out LXforums.com Lots of good info and good folks. Kinda like this site, but Wal Mart sized.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

We're looking at the Magnum as well.  We went across the street to the Honda store and barely glanced at the minivans.  We have one, a Dodge, and it's been fantastic.  Since we weren't trading it in, we just didn't see any sense in looking at one of the wannabes to that throne.

moparjohn

Cool choice, the next gen DCX mini-vans look like they will be a great step forward.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Ghoste

Yeah, I kind of wouldn't mind waiting until they come out but I just don't trust her Ford Turdus.  It's been fine but it just gives me the creeps everytime I drive it.  It has this vibe that it's getting ready to pull a big Ford and leave us stranded somewhere.
Magnums cool though.

RT DAVE

Quote from: moparjohn on April 04, 2007, 06:13:23 PM
Cool choice, the next gen DCX mini-vans look like they will be a great step forward.

I hate to say it, but we'll probably replace the intrepid in another two years with one of those new gen caravans.  I couldn't bring myself to doing it right now though.   

Brad

Congrats on the new magnum, I think you'll like it. As for the hemi, it is a real hemi, duel rocker shafts.

Silver R/T

I dont like Hondas but I probably would've went with Odyssey just cause it holds its value much better
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722