News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"The Deadliest Catch" on Discovery, Anyone else here watch it?

Started by TruckDriver, April 04, 2007, 12:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h76

Hell of lot better show than some that crap reality shows they have on Bravo TV or American Idol.Talk about guys earning their $-those fisherman bust their a**!
Discovery Channel and National Geographic by far have the best reality shows!

TK73

Can we put Silver R/T on one of those boats for a few decades??  PLEASE!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

I was offered up to $40,000 a month but I said no thanks. My life insurance wont cover me working on a crab boat...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68isgr8

I like watching the show, after seeing what the men go through-I can understand why king crab is so expensive. I have great respect for the fishermen. Not too long ago my husband and I took a trip to Seattle. Walked through Pikes Market, seen the king crab legs...$24.99/lb. I was in awe seeing how huge the legs were! I'd love to see a whole crab in person.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 68isgr8 on April 11, 2007, 01:18:38 AM
I'd love to see a whole crab in person.

Read this link. Very interesting. They don't weight as much as they look. Kinda suprized me.

http://www.fishermansexpress.com/faqs.html

"What is the difference between snow crab and king crab?
Snow crab are also known as "tanner" or "opilio" crab. Opilio crab are the smallest variety, with an average weight of 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Tanner crab are larger, weighing 2 or 3 pounds when mature. Both of these varieties of snow crab lack the spines which cover king crab. King crab are the crab that Alaska is famous for. I have seen king crab as large as 18 pounds, and with a leg-span of more than 6 feet!"
:o :o :o
PETE

68isgr8

Wow, thanks for the link. Great pictures! Maybe because I live in a small community and the grocery stores don't think they'll sell, but I never see the mid-sections for sale--just the legs.  :shruggy:

TruckDriver

I like eating fish, but all the other sea food I don't like :-X   So, it doesn't matter to me.
PETE