News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone used dynamat?

Started by wetfeetmi, April 03, 2007, 06:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

Tell me about your experience please...and where did you get it? Is there a better alternative? Thanks in advance, Rick

JR

Thats crazy timing, I just finished installing it in the roof of my 70. I didn't use dynamat brand, I used a cheaper brand. Its great stuff, especially if you want your car quiet on the inside. it also holds in heat and cool air better than the old stuff I believe. It's easy to Install, you cut it to the size of the area you want, lay it up to it, pull off more of the backing as you go along. There is a tool just for this that has a handle with a little wheel, it helps you roll it on and get the bubbles out. It's just a sticky backing that holds it on. Its very flexible and easy to use. Just time consuming. The brand I got, they offer in two thicknesses, 50mil, and 80 mil. Its better to use the thicker stuff if you can. I'm putting it every where on my car, doors, floor, firewall, roof...

The only downside is weight. But if your not building an all out race car, who cares? Just ebay dynamat and see what you can find. That stuff isn't cheap though. Hope this helps.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

scottmiller

Quote from: wetfeetmi on April 03, 2007, 06:32:02 PM
Tell me about your experience please...and where did you get it? Is there a better alternative? Thanks in advance, Rick

I am contemplating the same thing.  This site tells you everything you need to know, all the brands, price comparison, installation... etc.  It is a long read, but worth it.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

terrible one

I'm using some stuff called eDead...same thing, WAY cheaper. This is for my '76 Cadillac though. Not quite finished with it but the entire cabin and trunk are getting the treatment. I got some stuff that you don't need a heat gun to apply though.

LargerCharger383

I put some on the inside of my trunk lid to try and make it sound less "clangy"...not much luck for that application

Silver R/T

can get it from Best Buy and other stores that install car stereos
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Bandit4142

I did the entire interior of a 3000GT a couple years ago.   Dramatic difference to say the least.   I wouldn't spend the money on Dynamat, buy one of the cheaper brands like Brown Bread, or that eDead stuff someone mentioned.   In my opinion, they would all be effective.
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

wetfeetmi

Thanks guys, I researched as you suggested. The e-dead stuff seems to be the best value. How many square feet to do an entire car cabin, roof, and trunk area (70 Charger)?  Rick

The70RT

Sounds good as long as the heat from the roof doesn't affect it. That would ba a bitch if it sagged or fell.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: wetfeetmi on April 04, 2007, 04:39:32 AM
Thanks guys, I researched as you suggested. The e-dead stuff seems to be the best value. How many square feet to do an entire car cabin, roof, and trunk area (70 Charger)?  Rick

Take a tape measure, and measure from the windshield to the back window and then from door to door.  Multiply those numbers together and you'll have your amount.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein