News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Do I Get A Title?

Started by bordin34, April 03, 2007, 07:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bordin34 on April 04, 2007, 05:51:02 PM
They seem like they will be better,cheaper, and faster than the DMV, but I can't E-Mail them to ask if they do NJ titles.

Try their toll-free "800" number?

1-800-543-8626

The70RT

Contact the state office bldg. in the town the car was bought at and see who the last owner was. Have him sign a the form for the lost title giving you power of atorney to get the title. If you can't find them sign there name on it anyway. If the car is legit no one will know.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

hi
i live in nj  . i used a tile company to get the tile for one of my cars . evrything went very smooth . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bordin34

The car is legit. I have the last title that the car ever had ,2002, but it isn't signed in some spots but is in others. So I can't really get a title in Nj from it.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

Maybe go with what big block sam said.......but if you have his name and can't find him I would go ahead and sign and use that title. You said it is legit so what are the chances of anything going wrong? It has been what - 5 years since the guy owned it? After that turn it in to NJ and when they send your title out it will be a NJ title.  That way the title is actually the same one and you didn't have to go thru a bunch of crap. Fee wise they may make you pay back taxes....but with an old car it wouldn't be a whole lot. Just tell them the car has been parked since then.

bordin34

I also have a bill of sale from every owner since the title. I dont know why the TX guy did this. He had a title but sent the guy his title, not signed to tranfer, but a bill of sale signed. There must be a reason why he didn't tranfer it. If it comes up as somebody already has it titled, can I charge an outrageuos storage fee?

Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

Quote from: bordin34 on April 05, 2007, 06:31:12 PM
I also have a bill of sale from every owner since the title. I dont know why the TX guy did this. He had a title but sent the guy his title, not signed to tranfer, but a bill of sale signed. There must be a reason why he didn't tranfer it. If it comes up as somebody already has it titled, can I charge an outrageuos storage fee?

If you could contact him and ask why maybe do so. If you was in the area I would do a title search to see. If nothing else call the state office bldg there and tell them the situation. I was thinking too you could advertise the vin and say mechanics or storage lien is on it. If nobody comes forth you could by pass all that crap.

bordin34

I read the title again. I have the auction sales receipt which says it was sold to Dollar Auto LLC for $1350. Then I have a signed title by dollar auto saying that whoever signs the X_____________ owns it and the X_____________ is blank, and so is the odometer reading. So maybe I can register it by doing that? I would scan it but don't know if its smart/legal.
Edit: its a reassignment of title, not title.

Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

That sounds cool. I would take that up when you get tags and after they run it through you should be okay and get a title sent out to you. Dealers do that everytime they sell a used car because they don't have to tag'em like we do.

bordin34

Thanks. I will try to get my brother to drive me to the DMV tomorrow ,since I am off from school, just to see if I can do that.

Mahwah,NJ

BigBlockSam

if the title is signed in the wrong spot, it's void and you have to get the guy who's name is on the tile to apply for a new one. it's a real hassle. good luck.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bordin34

I initially thought it was but now I realize it is not.

Mahwah,NJ