News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did I get ripped off on these parts, Go Wing & Rear Window Spoiler ?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, April 02, 2007, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Howdy Ho  Mopar Buddies,
     If I got ripped then it is too late. I saw these aftermarget Go Wing Spoilers & Rear RR louvers on-line, I do not want to say where, I would be to embarrassed.  :slap:
Any how have any of you seen or used any of these? They were $140 with shipping for a Go Wing and $120 with shipping for the rear RR louvers. I know that a Go Wing did not come n a 73' Rally but I think it will look mean & with louvers, that would be nice. The ad said Rear RR louvers for 70-74. I am thinking  :scratchchin: 70' RR's had different rear windows than 72'-74' & that a rear louver for a 73' RR is the same size as the rear window of a Charger? :scratchchin:
     For the price I ordered them both & the man says if the louvers do not fit he will re-fund the $ less shipping.
What do you all think? I hope I did not impulse buy thinking I got a good $. :iamwithstupid: :shruggy:

If I put this in the incorrect forum please slap me. :slap: :nutkick:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 02, 2007, 08:53:54 PM
 I do not want to say where, I would be to embarrassed.  :slap:

Ebay, I can tell by the icon in the lower right corner :P
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 02, 2007, 08:56:02 PM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 02, 2007, 08:53:54 PM
I do not want to say where, I would be to embarrassed.  :slap:

Ebay, I can tell by the icon in the lower right corner :P
I think he meant the name of the company. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BMOTOXSTAR

So did I get ripped or am I the tester for these re-pops? The guy is out of Minnesota. I could have never afforded the real thing. :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Dave22443

Well, having a '70 Satellite Sport (same body as Road Runner) I can pretty much promise you that the rear window is not the same as that of any year Charger. 

I bought the same go-wing as you did for the same price (Buy-it-now for $139), possibly from the same vender???  I was very happy with the wing both in quality and in price.  Considering I had been looking at used originals that were going for well over $300 at the time, a nice reproduction unit suited my needs just fine.  The wing is hollow core plastic or ABS, not the heavy fiberglass feel of the original, but the quality seems OK.  If your not worried about originality, you'll probably be just fine.  :yesnod:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

71ChallengeHer

I don't think you did bad for the money. My brother has an original 71 go-wing. I trying to talk him out off. My birthday is coming up. :angel:  But if I bought one that's not a bad price.

69bronzeT5

Well the wing can fit on almost any Mopar and as for the window louvers, if worst comes to worst where they dont fit, like you said...the seller will give you a refund minus shipping but thats the chance you took.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BMOTOXSTAR

What I meant was that the louvers could fit cause a 73'-74' Satellite & RR have the same rear window as the 73'-74'Chargers? :scratchchin:
The thing that was shaddy was that his add said fits 70'-74' RR and get this the ad said RR R/T? Never seen on of those? :shruggy:
I am glad that I did not get ripped off on the wing, maybe I should get another one for my Satellite while the $ is good? :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Dave22443

The price on the wing is the normal price on Ebay.  I got mine 6 months ago and the price is the same.  It will fit B-Bodies, E-Bodies and even some Fords.  (Funny how Ford and Mopar shared so much - Go-Wings, Magnum 500's, etc...)

I mean look at this  :hah:  Its the same wing but 4 times the price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160089351467&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=160101484898&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TruckDriver

That spoiler looks to thick like it is a hollow fiberglass wing that went on '69 Cougars. (If it is, it is not correct) I paid $120. for my rear Go-wing from Mustang's Unlimited. I'm VERY happy with it. Is the pedistal spacing correct?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

konigcharger

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 02, 2007, 09:07:17 PM
So did I get ripped or am I the tester for these re-pops? The guy is out of Minnesota. I could have never afforded the real thing. :rotz:

well i guess your the guinea pig, if they fit i'll be getting a set for mine :scratchchin:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

bull

You probably did, only because we all are when it comes to Charger parts.

Charger1973

I never cared for the go-wing on a 3rd gen, I really prefer the gull-wing.  I just hate that its always so much more expensive. 

Let us know how the louvers work out.  I would consider putting them on one of my cars at that price.   :D

RallyeMike

If it's all ABS, I'm curious how well it will hold up in the sun? Let us know.

RR and Charger rear windows are the same from 71-74.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

kab69440

If they are from Minnesota, they are likely sourced from Minnesota Auto Specialties. I had one of those blow-molded plastic Go Wing knock-offs on my 69 for years. Can't really say much bad about it, except it is too thick to be mistaken for the real thing. I ended up pulling it off a couple of years ago, and gave it to a third gen guy. It looked great on his 73. As far as the window louvers, I can't tell you.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

pettyfan43

Yeah I'd like to know about the rear louvers myself. I'd REALLY like to have a set for my 73

I already have a go-wing. The Gull wing is SO overpriced, that I just Ain't giving that for a spoiler.

The wing I have is spaced perfectly for my car and I even have the underlid brackets.

Dave22443

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to measure the spacing on mine.  It fit my 70 Satellite just fine.

- Abraham Lincoln