News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cheerleading dangerous

Started by ck1, April 03, 2007, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck1

I think its to dangerous what these girls are doing, I was just watching yahoo news and man the flips they do in the air are just not worth it, I can live with out seeing them do those goofy flips, but I can't live with out seeing them in those outfits :yesnod:
CJK

mister bungle

Born with the right heart in the wrong continent

Charger_Fan

Ouch! :icon_smile_blackeye:
At least she was still moving afterwards.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HITMAN 149

ouch....
that's gonna leave a mark!!!!!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

hemigeno

My daughter is a cheerleader, and she's a "flyer" like what you're talking about.  She loves it, although it has taken her a while to get used to being up in the air.  When they do the builds, the coaches absolutely drill safety into the girls' heads.  The girls spotting in a build are supposed to do whatever they can to break the fall of a flyer if they do fall, although (thankfully) her squad hasn't had any major issues like in that video.  Just some close calls that make my wife and I pretty nervous.  :o

I don't think I'll let my wife see that video though...

ck1

Krud, the link isn't there anymore, anywho they was a TV interview with a couple cheerleaders, one that broke her neck and the other was paralyzed from the waist down, and they were saying most of the injury's from sports in schools most were from cheerleader accidents, more then football or any other sport.  Just makes you think these girl are in a really tuff sport when it seems hard to compare it to football.............
CJK

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

mikepmcs

I know, i must have looked at the video of the girl going through the hoop 50 times to see if it was real or not.  if you stop it at the 19 second mark it clearly looks like there is no way she is going through the basket and I was thinking she just rang the net or rim with her hand.  But when she gets to the ground she is holding the back of her head like she smacked it and that would make sense as to the position she was in at the 19 second mark.

I don't know if that is the dumbest or the neatest thing i've seen in a while.  She could have been killed instantly and in a couple different ways.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemigeno

That "basketgirl" video is the #4 video alltime on StupidVideos.com, having been viewed almost 8.8 million times since 1999 when it was first posted.  Half of the comments I've read about it say it's real, half say it's fake.  I say it's fake, but what do I know?

:Twocents:

Charger_Fan

This one looks fairly real.  ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bee_fishy_6869

konigcharger

Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on April 03, 2007, 06:26:00 PM
Quote from: Arthur on April 03, 2007, 12:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rocky on April 03, 2007, 10:53:46 AM
:hah:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FqX1D-g6xI

:scared: Man that's just too close almost doesn't look real :o

Arthur

Freeze @ 19seconds. The rim magically disappears.

the frames before and after 19 seconds are missing too  :scratchchin:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Drache

Arthur

Looks like it's just do to the quality of the video....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ck1

Quote from: Drache on April 04, 2007, 12:38:28 AM

Arthur

Looks like it's just do to the quality of the video....
I think its real, they know right where she is gonna drop, all she has to do is look down through the basket, they practice that so much I bet they taped the floor and set it up with measurement before hand with practice runs before the hoop to see how consistant they are...........
CJK