News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I went with 295's

Started by 73chgrSE, April 02, 2007, 06:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

I finally got the new wheels and rubber on. I went with BFG's 295x50's on a 15x10 wheel on the rear and 215's on a 6 inch rim up front. Looks pretty mean, I even lowered the back an inch or 2. It can still spin the tires no problem even with the wider tread. US wheel series 97 from summit. No rubbing thanks to the air shocks. Thank-you to all of you who helped me with tire and wheel questions.

Charger1973

I think it looks good.  Still love the triple white SEs.  I have air shocks on mine as well, but one thing I will say is that I would never run a tire that the car wont clear with the air shocks down, incase you get blow a line somehow,  the quarter panel would come down onto the tire...   

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

Great fit! Gotta love the wide tires out back. What's the backspacing on the rear wheels?

73chgrSE

Quote from: terrible one on April 02, 2007, 10:09:39 PM
Great fit! Gotta love the wide tires out back. What's the backspacing on the rear wheels?

4 inches and still plenty room.

defiance

So 4" backspacing and 295's without spring relocation?  So with reloc I should definitely be able to fit 5" backspacing 295's without having to worry about air shocks, right?  Or are your springs relocated and I'm overlooking it?

73chgrSE

I didn't move the springs. There is still about 3 inches between the inside tire edge and the leaf spring. The tires stick out even with the widest part of the rear quarter. Before I was running 275/60's and the outside rubbed the fender lip when lowered but that was a taller tire, now thats not a problem.

Hemidog

looking great! would love some profile pics of the whole car
so, does 4" backspacing go well with 2nd gens aswell? all i heard is 5"

plum500

How did you lower the back end? Blocks?

Charger1973

Quote from: plum500 on April 04, 2007, 01:22:07 PM
How did you lower the back end? Blocks?

He has air shocks, probably just let some air out.    :P

plum500

...hmm... I guess. He said no rubbing thanks to the air shocks, which I figured meant they were pumped up a little more as a precaution -- not lowered. And the spindle where the shock mounts looks a little lower than normal in relation to the leaf springs.... dunno, maybe just me...  :shruggy:

73chgrSE

Yes, I had them pumped up alot higher before I put those 50's on, so I let some air out to fill in the space. As for the air shocks and thier location, that was done by the original owner.

dkn1997

295's look mean

RECHRGED

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

terrible one

Quote from: Hemidog on April 03, 2007, 06:27:17 PM
looking great! would love some profile pics of the whole car
so, does 4" backspacing go well with 2nd gens aswell? all i heard is 5"

I think it's been decided that 15x10's with 5.5" backspacing for a 2nd gen is the best bet.

73chgrSE

Here are the before and after side shots.