News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nos superbird nosecone for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, March 09, 2007, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

There are many types of wingcar recreations out there from almost exact duplicates to over the top rides that seem almost undrivable. While I like most of them, I love Ron Jenkins' 68 version. Would I build one this wild...maybe. Do I want one this wild...heck yeah. I met Ron at the SEMA show last fall and talked to him for quite a while. We talked about the aero forum and he seemed interested in the fact that there were so many of us trying to repro the wingcar parts and wingcar clones. I got the idea that he might be interested in building more wingcar hotrods.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Gary42

As soon as I saw it was Mitchell, I knew right away it would be his, as I have bought many parts from them already and I can assure you that they get what they are asking for it. If Mitchell sends you a message asking questions about your part for sale, they practically ask you to give it to them, as case in point with a friend from Long Island that sold a 71 RT hood. They offered him $1500.00 and said that was probably going to be the best offer he would get for it, it sold for $3500.
I wish I had that kind of money to throw around for the real thing, heck I wish I had enough money to convince Hotrod to give up all his little projects for everyone else and take on my car. Over a year later and all that has been accomplished by the guy I hired to fix it, was the drivers side quarter cut off, and the lower passanger side cut into. I guess by the year 2010 that 72 Rally should be worth ten times what I paid for it, and it will still be sitting on the same old jack stands.
Just food for thought.
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

DoubleDlover

Nose has been reposted on ebay. by it now for 16,000. Well thats a steal.. No one would be afraid to bolt it on the car and drive on the road along side all the illegals and idiots now right? .. way cool......

daytonalo

Click on the new auction , and look under Q+A , who asked that question ?????

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on March 23, 2007, 08:35:16 AM
Click on the new auction , and look under Q+A , who asked that question ?????

You know, I've seen that kind of outspoken "tell us how you really feel" talk on this board before.   It seems kind of familiar.   Really though, I have no idea who it was.    But asking Frank for the extra service would indicate some curiousities that are unfulfilled.     Oh well...

I'm surprised FM posted that on the listing!

69_500

I don't know who would ask that question, but I can tell you that it definately wasn't called for.

daytonalo

I agree , that type of language should never be displayed publicly !!!!!!!

nascarxx29

Ive several nos noses showing up .If they do get sold would you ut it on your car.Or keep it away and run a repo.I remember seeing a nos daytona nose from $3000.00 .Couldnt bring myself to spend so much just for one part.When I was better able to spread it all over the car in other nos resto items I aquired

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on March 24, 2007, 09:03:32 AM
I agree , that type of language should never be displayed publicly !!!!!!!

Wow, the pot calls the kettle black.   

Larry, is it any coincidence that you might have emailed Frank like you did this other Ebay seller back in August?     I know you are the modest type and not one to draw attention to yourself. 

Quote from: daytonalo on August 29, 2006, 02:43:43 PM
I just e-mailed this fucking genital wort and offering him 25 k to end auction early . I recommend every one to do the same ! Let's make his life a living hell , if I knew where this scumbag lives I would smash his teeth with a bat then piss on him !
                                                                                                                Larry

472 R/T SE

Didn't take Mitchell long to put it back up for sale.

**Inactive Link Removed**

62 Max

You guys probably won't care for  my opinion but it is his to do with it as he pleases.He had the funds to buy it and if he doubles his money,so what.It won't affect your life or mine,although some may envy.If someone buys it I don't imagine anyone will hold a gun to their head.I see a lot of repop clone parts on this forum at a substantial price and imaginge the profit margin on some are very good.If you are not the buyer don't worry about it.If you are interested and have the money thats your perogative.I've yet to see anyone buy high and sell low.It just don't work that way! :Twocents:

Ghoste

Well, you are right of course, but the thing with Frank is that he has a many year established reputation in the Mopar hobby and he takes the "buy low, sell high" to a new level.  He isn't always very "personable" in real life either.  He may not be on the order of a Hans Ludke, but he has used a few pages from the same playbook.