News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deathproof? Not Quite

Started by terrible one, April 02, 2007, 01:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bordin34 on April 03, 2007, 08:25:31 PM
I think the best car chase movie where one of the main chase cars doesn't get destroyed is Gone in 60 seconds. it gets beat up but keeps on going. Even after being wrapped around a pole.

Heres a fun fact.....when he wrapped the Mustang around that telephone pole, it wasnt actually sposed to happen. He planned on cutting off that Cadillac and then go up the offramp. But instead he got to close, the Cadillac hit the 'Stang's quarter panel and it caused the Mustang to hit the pole.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

72chargerSE

bordin34

I know and to this day california highway patrol doesnt know how it happened. Well they may know but thats what speed said. He bought all the police cars for under $2000 at auctions. No roads were closed they were filmed on Sundays. H.B. Halicki was killed during Gone in 60 Seconds 2 when a water tower fell. He went unconscience when he hit the pole the first thing his said was did you get that.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

bull

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 03, 2007, 08:19:47 PM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on April 03, 2007, 02:54:21 AM
so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Actually, no. Im a true Mopar muscle and Charger fan and I WILL NOT see this movie!!! Your not a Charger owner so you dont know 100% why we hate seeing Chargers getting destroyed.

You're not old enough to see it without your mom or dad anyway.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on April 03, 2007, 09:08:48 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 03, 2007, 08:19:47 PM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on April 03, 2007, 02:54:21 AM
so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Actually, no. Im a true Mopar muscle and Charger fan and I WILL NOT see this movie!!! Your not a Charger owner so you dont know 100% why we hate seeing Chargers getting destroyed.

You're not old enough to see it without your mom or dad anyway.

I usually get my dad to take me but Im not even gonna ask to go see this movie. It looks retarded and the fact that they destroyed a dozen mopars gives me even more reason not to see it

The70RT

It will probably get shitty ratings and it will be on TV soon anyway.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LargerCharger383

GOOD GOD when will the slaughter end??  :fireangry: :fireangry: KILL SOME F-BODIES INSTEAD!!!!!!!! :D

Mean 318

How can you say just because someone doesn't own a charger that they wouldn't feel the same way as you? Some people could say that you dont love your charger the same way I love my Coronet because you   work to get it...

jasonfromIKILLYA

so, what we're saying here is that I'm going to have to let you know how it is.  and, no this will not get bad ratings.  it's quentin and robert!  It's going to make millions.

Hate me if you want, but I promise I'll cry when they die.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

pettyfan43

I just refuse to spend money seeing it, sorry, but I will not condone that much carnage to cars like that.

For the love, couldn't they have used 80s rustangs and camaros!!!!!!!!!!! I mean those things are cheap and plentiful!

They could have still done great chases (those cars will take V8s just FINE!) and wiped them out and nobody would have really cared!

I'd love to have a decent 68-70 Charger when I get my 66 and 73 finished, but most likely won't be able to afford one, thanks in NO SMALL PART to crap like this.

BTW have fun buying parts for yours since most people are now gonna think they are gold plated!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Mean 318 on April 03, 2007, 10:09:20 PM
How can you say just because someone doesn't own a charger that they wouldn't feel the same way as you? Some people could say that you dont love your charger the same way I love my Coronet because you   work to get it...

Well I meant Mopar owners. And also, I have heard that CHARGERPUNK is bidding on that smashed Grindhouse Charger off of Ebay

Charger1973

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 03, 2007, 11:36:50 PM

Well I meant Mopar owners. And also, I have heard that CHARGERPUNK is bidding on that smashed Grindhouse Charger off of Ebay

It will take him a while to get that one roadworthy.   :stirthepot:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 04, 2007, 12:02:43 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 03, 2007, 11:36:50 PM

It will take him a while to get that one roadworthy.   :stirthepot:

:yesnod:

bull

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 03, 2007, 11:33:52 PM
I just refuse to spend money seeing it, sorry, but I will not condone that much carnage to cars like that.

For the love, couldn't they have used 80s rustangs and camaros!!!!!!!!!!! I mean those things are cheap and plentiful!

They could have still done great chases (those cars will take V8s just FINE!) and wiped them out and nobody would have really cared!

I'd love to have a decent 68-70 Charger when I get my 66 and 73 finished, but most likely won't be able to afford one, thanks in NO SMALL PART to crap like this.

BTW have fun buying parts for yours since most people are now gonna think they are gold plated!

All I know is when I go to see a movie that includes real car chases I don't want to see 80s Rustangs and Camaros, I want to see something cool. Tarantino obviously respects old Mopars or they wouldn't the stars of the show. Who wants to see a friggin' '84 Mustang in a car chase?

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bull on April 04, 2007, 02:12:42 AM

All I know is when I go to see a movie that includes real car chases I don't want to see 80s Rustangs and Camaros, I want to see something cool. Tarantino obviously respects old Mopars or they wouldn't the stars of the show. Who wants to see a friggin' '84 Mustang in a car chase?
What I wonder with all the technology we have . Couldn't they have computerized the wrecks without actually destroying the cars?  Just a thought.

Mike DC

In middle-class suburbia, I probably see about 3-4 decent musclecars per month "in the wild" at best.  And when you count the number of times that I've seen a musclecar actually showing off and burning some rubber under those everyday circumstances, that number falls down to about once in every 2-3 years.

If kids don't keep seeing badass musclecars in TV/movies, then they won't get into musclecars at all anymore.  Simple as that.

Mike DC

QuoteWhat I wonder with all the technology we have . Couldn't they have computerized the wrecks without actually destroying the cars?  Just a thought.

Possible, but unfortunately not very practical.
Decent computer effects for a big-screen movie can easily cost $25-100K per shot
And even then, it's almost always more realistic-looking to just do it with real cars anyway.

They still do CGI effects on car stunts sometimes.  But it's usually because of something more expensive/dangerous than just the car they're gonna smash up. 

In the "Gone in 60 seconds" remake, they did a CGI-effected Mustang jump because of the danger issue on the high bridge.  In "Fast/Furious 2" they jumped the blue Camaro with CGI effects because it was supposed to land onto a million-dollar boat.  And in both of these cases, the crews still wrecked multiple Camaros/Mustangs in the process.  They had to shoot various portions of the stunts just to get raw-material footage for the CGI labs to "finish."

Charger1973

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 03, 2007, 11:33:52 PMBTW have fun buying parts for yours since most people are now gonna think they are gold plated!

:yesnod:

bull

You know, aside from seeing some Mopars in action there are some other redeeming qualities to this double feature.

bull

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 04, 2007, 03:10:36 AM

All I know is when I go to see a movie that includes real car chases I don't want to see 80s Rustangs and Camaros, I want to see something cool. Tarantino obviously respects old Mopars or they wouldn't be the stars of the show. Who wants to see a friggin' '84 Mustang in a car chase?
What I wonder with all the technology we have . Couldn't they have computerized the wrecks without actually destroying the cars?  Just a thought.

That was addressed in Tarantino's visit with Leno. Basically he said CGI looks phony and he wanted the film to be not only gritty and real but done in old school fashion like they were back in the '70s. If you don't understand or care to understand the "grindhouse" concept that Tarantino is trying to recreate it's all going to go right over your head. The films are designed to be cheesy, B-grade schlockfests.

"Grindhouse borrows its title from the nickname given to old movie theaters that would run double or triple features continuously, without a break between films. As a homage to grindhouses theaters Tarantino and Rodriguez each directed 60 minute films, which will be joined together by faux ads and trailers. Tarantino directs the slasher film Death Proof; Rodriguez is at the helm of Planet Terror."

There will also be some fake movie trailers before and between the two films, one made by Rob Zombie, one or two made by Tarantino, one made by Eli Roth and one made by Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright.

TripleBlackGator

Tarantino obviously respects old Mopars or they wouldn't the stars of the show.

It's official folks. We have all wondered into an insane asylum. Go ahead and try, just try to defend that comment. It can not be done.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 04, 2007, 03:52:06 AM

QuoteWhat I wonder with all the technology we have . Couldn't they have computerized the wrecks without actually destroying the cars?  Just a thought.

Possible, but unfortunately not very practical.
Decent computer effects for a big-screen movie can easily cost $25-100K per shot
And even then, it's almost always more realistic-looking to just do it with real cars anyway.

They still do CGI effects on car stunts sometimes.  But it's usually because of something more expensive/dangerous than just the car they're gonna smash up. 

In the "Gone in 60 seconds" remake, they did a CGI-effected Mustang jump because of the danger issue on the high bridge.  In "Fast/Furious 2" they jumped the blue Camaro with CGI effects because it was supposed to land onto a million-dollar boat.  And in both of these cases, the crews still wrecked multiple Camaros/Mustangs in the process.  They had to shoot various portions of the stunts just to get raw-material footage for the CGI labs to "finish."

You are exactly right about the digital work effects houses such as Industrial Light and Magic charge. It is much more expensive to do the computer effects than demolish an old car. It usually boils down to money first and safety (read: liability) second. Sure you could farm the work out to a lesser effect house but we've all seen lousy effects. Even ILM and other quality effects houses would be hard pressed to make it look absolutely real.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

pettyfan43

Quote from: bull on April 04, 2007, 04:18:24 AM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 04, 2007, 03:10:36 AM

That was addressed in Tarantino's visit with Leno. Basically he said CGI looks phony and he wanted the film to be not only gritty and real but done in old school fashion like they were back in the '70s. If you don't understand or care to understand the "grindhouse" concept that Tarantino is trying to recreate it's all going to go right over your head. The films are designed to be cheesy, B-grade schlockfests.

"Grindhouse borrows its title from the nickname given to old movie theaters that would run double or triple features continuously, without a break between films. As a homage to grindhouses theaters Tarantino and Rodriguez each directed 60 minute films, which will be joined together by faux ads and trailers. Tarantino directs the slasher film Death Proof; Rodriguez is at the helm of Planet Terror."

There will also be some fake movie trailers before and between the two films, one made by Rob Zombie, one or two made by Tarantino, one made by Eli Roth and one made by Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright.

I DO understand what they are going for and all that crap, I just hate to see decent cars go to waste for something like that, but if you think about it, they smashed less of em than the Dukes movie.

The70RT

They don't care as long as the cash flows in.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 04, 2007, 09:02:13 AM
Tarantino obviously respects old Mopars or they wouldn't the stars of the show.

It's official folks. We have all wondered into an insane asylum. Go ahead and try, just try to defend that comment. It can not be done.

Defend it or explain it? If you can't understand what I'm saying (because the point seems pretty obvious to me) I can' t help you. I left out the word 'be,' is that why you're confused? I'm wondering why you "wondered" into an insane asylum instead of "wandered."