News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Mad Would You Be? Pics Added

Started by 71ChallengeHer, April 01, 2007, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forza

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Troy on April 01, 2007, 11:29:18 PM
Hmmmm, I suppose this is why I'm so paranoid about letting anyone touch my car. If *I* screw it up I have no one to blame and then *I* can brush it off and get over it. I would feel terrible if I busted someone else's car while trying to fix it - especially if I didn't warn them first (if I knew I was messing with something fragile I'd certainly warn them!). His attitude is the worst part. A dash is a dash no matter what car it is attached to and people are attched to their cars for many reasons other than rarity. I wouldn't go as far as demanding a new dash because a) you weren't paying for it b) it doesn't seem like he did it intentionally. He was actually attempting to do something nice and it all went wrong. It would be nice if he'd at least act a bit remorseful though. Sorry to hear about this.

Troy

could not have said it better myself!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Goldfinger71

....Tell him what's on your mind and how you feel and see what he says/does.. :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

mikepmcs

Jackie,
If it were me, I'd find a new trusted person to remove the clock.  Tell your acquaintance what you are going to do before hand, then give the clock back to him and say you owe me a dash. If you tell him what you are going to do first it might turn a light bulb on in his head and he will own up to his mistake and pay for a new dash and you have a new clock.  If nothing else, you will be back to where you were prior to saturday. 

This will strain the friendship but, hey that's life.  Doesn't sound like too good a friend as it is, so it won't kill you to lose him.

I'd have no problem having a non working clock back in my cluster vice a cracked dash pad/dash.

Bottom line is, he owes you a replacement, that is the only right answer here for him to realize.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71ChallengeHer

Mike, Thanks thats a good idea.

NYCMille

He should just make it right - new dash, no questions asked... I friggin' HATE people that don't take responsibility for their actions.

Pistolpete

"He should just make it right - new dash, no questions asked... I friggin' HATE people that don't take responsibility for their actions."

:iagree:

Ditto, 'nuf said
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

68chrgrwife

Quote from: bull on April 02, 2007, 02:21:47 AM
Had we all gotten a good look at your boobs that might be a reason for the confusion, but I don't recall you ladies really doing us that favor.

does this one work for you?  (Sorry Jackie, don't mean to kill your thread). 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

red72chrgr

Quote from: NYCMille on April 02, 2007, 12:37:55 PM
He should just make it right - new dash, no questions asked... I friggin' HATE people that don't take responsibility for their actions.
:iagree: also.
Nothing personal, just business

nh_mopar_fan

Not to interrupt "titty talk" but, with friends like that, who needs enemies.

He absolutely should be making it right. How the hell did he break it to begin with?

Lowprofile

If he was any kind of friend he would , at the very least, offer to replace/repair what he broke.  :icon_smile_angry:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 02, 2007, 02:20:34 PM
How the hell did he break it to begin with?
That's exactly what I was wondering...what was he using to install the clock, a CROWBAR?!? :crazy: What a putz. :rotz:

Oh & don't worry about his "mine's better than yours" thing with his 440, if he did the work on that car, something's bound to break soon & you can wave at him as you drive by in yours. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 02, 2007, 02:20:34 PM
Not to interrupt "titty talk" but, with friends like that, who needs enemies.

He absolutely should be making it right. How the hell did he break it to begin with?
He was prying on the side of the dash with a screwdiver to get the gauge cluster back in. :brickwall: :brickwall: And never even said he was sorry.  :cryin: Well, lesson learned.

TruckDriver

Like said many times before, that's NOT a very good friend :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

I want to thank all of you for your advice and support. It is really appreciated. You guys and gals are great. :punkrocka: :thumbs: :cheers:  Hopefully I can get the Chally  out Monday. I'll take it down to Dave and Millie's and see if it can be repaired.

LL1 1967 Coronet

I ALWAYS used a service manual when I wasn't sure. By the way, 68 Charger wife looks good in that pic....I like her style!!  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: There's no such thing as BEING TOO SEXY, its like having a Beer TOO cold - - it just doesn't EXIST!!   :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool:

71ChallengeHer

Yeah, she looks hot. But what I said about us was true. LOL

mikesbbody

you look good too! now go drive that chally!

TruckDriver

You look fine to me. And I prefer longer hair  ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

LL1 1967 Coronet

I just love that female One Upsmanship!!  WOW!! Your Challenger is extremely nice, and you look hot - great legs!  Really, really great legs.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   Now doesn't thiis make us forget about the dash cluster  :icon_smile_angry:  Wait a minute!!! - - how could anybody do that to her?   :'( :'( :'(

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BB1

Come on you Bozos, make with the help here.

Could you give us a pic, so we can see what could be done in the mean time. Maybe a decent repair would work for now.

Did he not drop the steering column?

What's done is done, lets help with the repair.
Delete my profile

71ChallengeHer

I'll get pics this weekend , when I go up to the garage to change the oil. And no he didn't drop the steering column. Cause I about had a cow the way he was banging around my ralley dash.  :RantExplode:  And I did tell him about it. And I also told him to be careful cause the replacement dash pad has a plastic frame, not metal like the original.

LL1 1967 Coronet

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 02, 2007, 07:04:36 PM
I want to thank all of you for your advice and support. It is really appreciated. You guys and gals are great. :punkrocka: :thumbs: :cheers:  Hopefully I can get the Chally  out Monday. I'll take it down to Dave and Millie's and see if it can be repaired.

BB1, Come on man....!! She's taking it to Dave and Millie's (whoever they are ;)) and things will be fine :icon_smile_big:. No need to bust a party like that  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:  Where's the love?  :icon_smile_kisses:

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 02, 2007, 01:33:29 AM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 02, 2007, 01:21:44 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on April 02, 2007, 12:39:43 AM
wasnt meant to offend in any way probably got you confused the 68charger's wife? but anyway at least talk to him (if you havent already) while im sure he didnt do it on purpose, thats not good! btw whats he got against 318 cars?

Jackie are people getting us mixed up? 
Yep and I have no idea why. Cause your boobs are bigger then mine. :rofl: :rofl:

Why do all the women on Charger's with their boobs on them with pic's on the site have to be married? :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT