News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Place To Buy An A Body V8 Radiator?

Started by 69DodgeCharger, April 01, 2007, 07:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

Hi all,

I am trying to help my friend find a vendor to buy a new radiator for his 68 Valiant. The car was originally a slant 6 but is being converted to a 360/727 Thanks in advance for any help.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Khyron

Is he looking for an original or a aftermarket. For the Money, I bought Summits Aluminum Radiator and if kicks ass. I had to put 2 holes in my Rad support, but no big deal. I payed a little less the $200 I recall.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69DodgeCharger

Hey Khyron thanks for the info. But what should he do for his radiator hoses? He likes stainless braided hose. I am assuming it is flexible and can be shaped to his application? I have never used it so I don't know.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

miamivice

searching summit, it looks like there are two versions, part number:  SUM-380459 and SUM-380460.  they look to be exact same, but there is a price diffrence.  what gives?  did you use this?  got any pictures of it installed in you charger?

****edit - i just noticed, it looks like one had a the outlet location on the pass side while the other is on the drivers...

Khyron

Thats the ticket. The 2 are for different sides for the waterpump... I think I have some pictures. It's in my Charger, but I'm sure the A body will work right, it is a "Universal" fit.

here is the only picture I found for now. I'll look for more.

*EDIT* Ohh and for the top hose, any flexable hose will work, Believe it or not, the original bottom hose worked too without a problem. I will admit though that th original Radiator was a lot smaller, so to get the bottom hose to work, I just reversed it. The side that was on the waterpump is not on the rad, and vise versa. Don't know why it worked. Just that it did ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

miamivice

Khyron, thanks for the pic.  looks like it fit in there well.  did you originally have a 22 or 26" rad?   also, hard to tell from the pic, but do you have some kind of shroud on there?