News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Katrina Challenger f/s ebay

Started by wetfeetmi, March 31, 2007, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,l
  That is sad.2 weeks under water! I wonder how much of a project  it is?  :scratchchin:
Electrical? Motor? How bad could the interior be? Entire Mopar beyond repair? :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TruckDriver

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 31, 2007, 09:41:17 PM
Wow,l
  That is sad.2 weeks under water! I wonder how much of a project  it is?  :scratchchin:
Electrical? Motor? How bad could the interior be? Entire Mopar beyond repair? :scratchchin:

Because it was in salt water, you have to acid dip it, and pretty much start with just a shell and the glass. Sea salt eats EVERYTHING eventually.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

That is sad. That car has to smell terrible. We got a couple flood in when I worked in the body shop. I don't think we ever got the smell out of the cars. :sick:

Mean 318

That interior must be VERY moldy! There was a bad flood here in 97 and those cars had lots of mold trouble

wetfeetmi

I wouldn't dream of buying this car for just about any bargain price. Does this get a salvage title being a 1974 car? I know many states do not use titles for classics. I do not know when the cut-off date is.

ChargerSG

I saw a real nice 70 RT Challenger that was in the same state and he did get nothing for it since it have to be totally striped and blasterd... Its sad for those who had restord those cars from the begining.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Brock Samson

andy74

That really sucks that a nice car sat that long under water,but i d stay away,first it is way to much money,and second you will spend a fortune getting it right-and it will always have a flood tittle/regisitration,so worth much less at any time than one that hasnt been wrecked or flooded-if i could get into it for 5grand id think about it, just my 2 cents

Arigmaster

I don't remember where I saw it but there was some Insurance site where there were a bunch of cars being sold from the floods there and most were not able to be registered in the US again. Anyone else able to shed some light on that?

gts95

Quote from: Arigmaster on April 01, 2007, 01:59:06 PM
I don't remember where I saw it but there was some Insurance site where there were a bunch of cars being sold from the floods there and most were not able to be registered in the US again. Anyone els able to shed some light on that?

Depends on the state.....FL is notorious for issueing "Certificate of Destruction" titles for total loss vehicles.....flood, wrecks, whatever. LA now issues the same for its flood cars (that started at the beginning of '06 so the majority of Katrina vehicles have rebuildable salvage titles).

I bought two "new" '05 Hemi Durango's that were on a Dodge lot that flooded and I had to gut the interiors, swap wiring, etc. Motors and tranny's are running great, and they both had water in them. There is a substantial savings there but expect to put alot of time into these type cars. And of course they will always carry a salvage title so consider that also.

On an old car that does not have the coated/painted frames like the new cars I would not touch it. Like someone said, expect to dip the shell if you want to get rid of all the rust or it will haunt you forever.

Charger1973

Thats a pretty high asking price for something thats going to need that much work.  :scratchchin:

Charger41971

One thing I heard about was a concern for the acids formed by the salt water mixing with other chemicals. One theory was that the corrosion caused by these acids would dissolve wiring and connectors over a period of time.  :o

Tim
'71 Charger McCandless-built 383/727/3.55 SG (sons)
'06 2500 CTD

Ghoste

I don't know if the salt water would need other chemicals to attack the wiring.  I think it will destroy just about any surface it touches that can be oxidized in some way.  I don't think I'd want the car even if it were dipped, myself.

BMOTOXSTAR

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz: So sad, If I was wealthy in the sense of $ I would buy that Mopar for a lawn ornament. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

LargerCharger383

yikes! I wonder if the new paint help seal the metal from the salt at all.... what a shame to put that much time and $$ into a car and just have mother nature destroy it  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

TeeWJay426

Can't believe they turned down the high offer of 10.2K..... more than I would have given for that car.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

The70RT

There was a 70 Challenger RT on craigs list with a 440 for 17.5. I would have got the RT before I messed with this one.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us