News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to get the sand out

Started by 73chargers4404, April 11, 2007, 08:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

How to get the sand out of the frame,its been two years and there is still sand in the frame ,im getting ready to paint and dont want sand in the paint,any ideas?

Charger-Bodie

blow blow blow and then blow somemore!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

resq302

I adapted a brake line that got threaded into the end of a blow gun for my air compressor line.  you can also try running a hose in the frame and using water pressure to blow out the sand that way also.  Another thought is a detail vacuum that is the small thin hose that might get up in there also.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

73chargers4404

hutch

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Doright

I wouldnt use water! just more air.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

hemi-hampton

I just screw & male & female air line ends together & use as a blow gun & blow & blow away for a hour or so. LEON.