News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Visited a MOPAR Heaven/Haven today with PICS!!!

Started by RD, March 31, 2007, 03:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

sorry for the quality, just the phone cam, but here they are:

70 Hemi Superbird (very nice)

67 Hemi Belvedere GTX (NICE)

Yours Truly in Kurt Busch's #2 racecar (guys son works for penske racing, they bought the car for $50K I believe)

overall it was a cool day...

saw a soon to be finished 70 R/T charger with a 440 that i didnt get pics of (oops), will get some more pics later when I go back up to get transmissions from them.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

Jamey,
Looked like a fun time at the garage today. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 31, 2007, 03:52:20 PM
Jamey,
Looked like a fun time at the garage today. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

mike, i am still riding the high from sitting in that racecar.  dude it was awesome, i was like a sex starved nymphomaniac visiting a cheap brothel in thailand!  no wonder why the steering wheel was difficult to put on and remove LOL bwhahahahahaha
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargerboy69

Wow, that Kurt Bucsh car is awsome. It seems like $50,000 is a steal for that complete car.

Since someone works for Penske, tell them I will take a Ryan Newman car if they can get one.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparguy01

ive heard of a couple of those old race cars being used for silver state challenges.

Now you know how I felt building them while in kansas RD.

Dodge Don

There was a 70 Charger R/T there and you only took pictures of that other junk?  :blush2:

:icon_smile_approve:

BB1

Delete my profile

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 31, 2007, 05:58:54 PM
There was a 70 Charger R/T there and you only took pictures of that other junk?  :blush2:

:icon_smile_approve:

Junk huh? :image_294343:
Give me a Hemi Superbird or Hemi GTX anyday.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Wheels of Terror

;D You lucky guy! how long did you stay? I love the stock car Chragers Kurt's looks like a fish in the front end.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Dodge Don

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

did the hemi birds come with any "stock" HEMI i.d.s?..
nice pics for a cell phone thanks for the vicarious thrills..

RallyeMike

Nice collection of cars !

Quoteive heard of a couple of those old race cars being used for silver state challenges.

Yup, a few of these run in ORR events.
With the car of tomorrow coming on, I think there are soon to be a lot of reasonably priced 2-5 year old stock cars available.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparguy01

the guys i used to race with bought a old busch series car and paid less than 20k for it. it was sans engine and trans, but had everything else still there.

RD

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on March 31, 2007, 08:35:41 PM
;D You lucky guy! how long did you stay? I love the stock car Chragers Kurt's looks like a fish in the front end.

I stayed there for about an hour.  Sitting in that racecar was a challenge.  Those drivers have got to be tiny little fellers cuz my belly fit, but my ribcage was rubbin on the side seat supports (and that is after the new owner spread them out some so he could fit).  the shifter seemed a tad far away too.  but, it was awesome!

moparguy01

Quote from: RD on April 01, 2007, 07:40:51 PM

I stayed there for about an hour.  Sitting in that racecar was a challenge.  Those drivers have got to be tiny little fellers cuz my belly fit, but my ribcage was rubbin on the side seat supports (and that is after the new owner spread them out some so he could fit).  the shifter seemed a tad far away too.  but, it was awesome!

Your supposed to barely be able to fit into those seats, those tabs are to hold you into the seat in case you wreck. That car was just designed for someone small. You can drill and mount the seat in different areas ya know.  :icon_smile_big:

RD

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 01, 2007, 09:02:26 PM
Quote from: RD on April 01, 2007, 07:40:51 PM

Your supposed to barely be able to fit into those seats, those tabs are to hold you into the seat in case you wreck. That car was just designed for someone small. You can drill and mount the seat in different areas ya know.  :icon_smile_big:

yeah i know ya jackazz :D LOL ... i watch nascar and get all the cool boogity boogity informational car setup blurbs...  I know that those seats are specifically built and designed for the driver personally, but still... those drivers are not big fellers at all.  makes sense, but you never really know how small they are until you sit in the seat that was designed for them.

moparguy01

Or you meet them.  :P

Think of it like Jockeys in a horse race. ever see a real fat tall guy be a competitive jockey?  :icon_smile_big:

RD

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 01, 2007, 09:47:43 PM
Or you meet them.  :P

Think of it like Jockeys in a horse race. ever see a real fat tall guy be a competitive jockey?  :icon_smile_big:

no, but in juarez i saw a real fat tall chick jockey a donkey hehehhe