News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Project '69 Front Suspension DONE!!!!

Started by bill440rt, March 30, 2007, 05:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on April 16, 2007, 09:58:42 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 15, 2007, 06:40:30 PM
Its amazing how everyone says the Hotchkis is great and they discontinue it?  :shruggy:

Probably cause our cars are so old.  Seems like they are discontinuing everything for our older cars with the exception of the speciatly companies that sell only the repro items.

The answer is actually pretty simple. I spoke with Hotchkis on this when I ordered them. It was all a poor marketing issue, & lack of research. Seems that they were initially advertised to fit 68-70 B-bodies. Well, they won't fit '70 B-bodies due to the difference in K-frames. Then, they were advertised to fit '68-'69 B-bodies. Again, this is not entirely true as they WON'T clear the HEMI skidplate. Seems that guys with the '70 B-bodies or those with the skidplates were returning the bars. Rather than deal with future irate customers, Hotchkis simply disco'd them.
They WILL fit fine if you have a '68-'69 b-body with a STANDARD K-frame without the skidplate. If they were advertised like that, they would have no problems. I told them about the differences in K-frames, they said they have to do some more "product research." Don't look for them to pop up in the near future. That's a shame, because they are very well designed.

As far as Inline Tube is concerned, I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I've always purchased my stuff from Fine Lines, but Inline was the only one that had the cables. Fine Lines has always been a superior company to deal with. Same for Mancini Racing. Mancini sent me the wrong, smaller aluminum tie rod sleeves. I didn't think anything of it, & went ahead & polished & clear coated them. Lo & behold, I discovered they were the wrong ones upon assembly. Mancini took them back for exchange, no questions asked, almost a YEAR later. Both Fine Lines & Mancini are stand up companies in my book.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Rolling_Thunder

I dont see how a hemi skid plate will interfere with the bar....

Autodynamics...     no offense intended but isnt your bar upside down ?   I know it doesnt matter but dont you worry about snagging that thing on a parking stump ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Afflyer

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 18, 2007, 11:26:10 PM
I dont see how a hemi skid plate will interfere with the bar....

Autodynamics...     no offense intended but isnt your bar upside down ?   I know it doesnt matter but dont you worry about snagging that thing on a parking stump ?

I just snagged one of my sway bar brackets last week on a curbed parking lot!

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

autodynamics

nope the bar in in correctly...i have never snagged anything. i suppose i could flip it around...

Chatt69chgr

I'am glad I have been reading this thread since I was about to buy some lines from Inline Tube.  I think I will stop and see if the folks at Fine Lines can supply what I need and see about getting this stuff from them.  I saw in the rpm restoration parts website that they offer all Fine Lines for 25% off retail.  I think they just have the stuff drop shipped.