News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-72 rear quarters available

Started by THMPN73, March 30, 2007, 03:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THMPN73

I have a set of 71-72 charger quarter panels brand new that came with a 73 charger that i bought. So obviously I cannot use them but i am wondering what the demand is for these panels and how much I could sell them for?
Don't worry, I've got good tires...

Nacho-RT74

I can be sure that you win some good money for those ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mikesbbody

i think alot of people may check this out thinking someone is actually MAKING new quarters for 71-72 chargers...if only that were true...

hemi-hampton

Are they aftermarket Reproductions or Factory NOS?  Curious? LEON.

AutoRust

I think they are probably worth a good dollar, but if your a serious Mopar guy, set a fair price, and help someone else into the hobby.
I am sure you could put them on flea-bay and let the bidding go wild, but that always pisses of people, remeber the guy that wanted 15k for 2 charger quarters>
My suggestion would be offer them for $500 each ?
;)
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

THMPN73

Hey thanks for the information!
I am not really in it for the money so if 500$ is a fair price then that is what i would set them at. It would be a good score for me if someone had a set of 73-74 quarters and wanted to trade.
Sorry about the subject by the way i didnt mean to get anyones hopes up.
Shawn

THMPN73

And they are NOS... would that be the best ones?

hemi-hampton

I dont have any 73-74 1/4's to trade but would be Interested in buying for my 72 Charger. Let me know? LEON.

NHCharger

I hate to be the dinkweed of this thread, but if those quarters are in good shape they are worth more than $ 500. each. If he still needs a lot of parts for his 73 why should he sell the quarters at a discounted price. Is everyone else going to give him a discount on the parts for his Charger since he was a nice guy and  sold the quarters for half price? I saw a beat up pair cut off a 71 with a tag of $600 each at Carlisle several years ago.

I have a 71 & 72. I don't need quarters (at this time) but for that price I'd buy them and keep them just in case I ever needed them.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

Quote from: NHCharger on April 01, 2007, 08:20:15 AM
I hate to be the dinkweed of this thread, but if those quarters are in good shape they are worth more than $ 500. each. If he still needs a lot of parts for his 73 why should he sell the quarters at a discounted price. Is everyone else going to give him a discount on the parts for his Charger since he was a nice guy and  sold the quarters for half price? I saw a beat up pair cut off a 71 with a tag of $600 each at Carlisle several years ago.

I have a 71 & 72. I don't need quarters (at this time) but for that price I'd buy them and keep them just in case I ever needed them.

:iagree:

I would suggest putting them on ebay and getting top dollar for them. Why not? There are plenty of people out there willing to pay good money for those parts.  They will pay good money for them and be very happy with the opportunity to get them. When selling parts, I have noticed that some people expect a DC.com discount.... which is totally ludicrous in my opinion.   I suspect if you put them on ebay and offer shipping options, you could possibly get around 1k each. A nice used 72 1/4 (complete with wheel house and extensions) sold on ebay for $795 recently. Get top dollar for them and put the $$ into your own car.   :Twocents:

41husk

There was a guy at monster mopar this summer that sold a NOS drivers side for $900.  I Could have used it but not at $900
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

THMPN73

is it possible to make a 71-72 quarter fit? I have been searching for a long time and still have not found a good set of 73-74's. I havent even found a NOS set anywhere... I would have paid almost anything for them.

Nacho-RT74

actually there is a driver NOS 73/74 on ebay... check on ebay ads section.

Please don't sacrifice the 71/72. Probably you could use the lower sections as patches, but don't do it
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Yeah definately dont cut up NOS panels, you would be much better off selling those and using the money towards your car  :yesnod:

Doright

DONT CUT UP 71-72 PANELS PLEASE! :brickwall:
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more