News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear axle and springs.

Started by 69XP383, June 28, 2007, 10:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

A short time ago in another thread I asked about a rear end mounting question...still no answer...

Is there any plate or spacer that fits between the top of the rear springs and the bottom of the rear axle houing mounting plate?

I know some GM application have a rubber bushing of sorts that they use in their applications. Doesn't look like the rear end was ever taken out, but it looks like something could have been there.

On the bottom of the axle mount plate there are three holes. Center one lines up with stud on top of the spring. The remaining holes on each side seemed to be caked with what I thought was flaking metal, but I suppose it could be anything at this point...probably just 37 years of dirt.

Ghoste

There is no spacer between the spring and the U-bolt bracket.  The only other holes under there that I know of are the 4 for the U-bolts to pass through.

Charger1973

:iagree:

The 73+ cars had a large rubber isolator around the springs. 

69XP383

8WHEELER

One hole in the center of the shock plate for the nut and bolt to clear, 4-holes for the axle
U-Bolts. There was nothing between the spring and the shock plate.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69XP383

Thanks Dan,

Dam! I wish my car was that clean underneath. Looking at your photo, I also remembered that I might need a couple of those black plastic plugs that seat in the dust cover, in fact, exactly like the ones in your photo near the bottom right. Any idea where I might get some?

8WHEELER

Most auto part stores carry the brake adjust hole plugs, there on ebay, Napa,  or Year One
and basically all the resto selling outfits.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.