News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place to buy a new radiator?

Started by Telvis, March 29, 2007, 11:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I need to buy a new radiator for my Charger. Year one has them for $388. With a discount I can get that down a bit but the shipping will probably be ridiculous. Does anyone know of other vendors that might have one at a better price?

Thanks guys!

I'm plugging away slowly at my car. My goal is to have it on the road by May 1st. I have made a lot of progress the last few weeks. If all goes well I should have a fun summer! :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

When I needed some radiators in the past, I used this place. It's been there for at least 20 years that I know of.

Auto King Radiator Exchange
875 Market St
Paterson, NJ 07513
(973) 279-3592

The guys name is Jim, & I've bought at least 5 or 6 aftermarket ones from him. He did tell me he could recore old ones, replace a plastic tank with a brass one, & he seems to know what he is talking about. He also ships, but I used to work near him & always picked up so I don't know how well that part works. My Scamp has an aftermarket one from him that's been in there about 17 years without a problem.

Might be worth a call at least. (The aftermarket ones he sold me were all less than $250)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

blue69

miamivice

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 29, 2007, 12:36:31 PM
He did tell me he could recore old ones, replace a plastic tank with a brass one, & he seems to know what he is talking about. He also ships, but I used to work near him & always picked up so I don't know how well that part works. My Scamp has an aftermarket one from him that's been in there about 17 years without a problem.

is it best to just by new ones or have old ones recored, i have an original 26" from a 69 charger.   ???

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: miamivice on March 29, 2007, 02:43:57 PM

is it best to just by new ones or have old ones recored, i have an original 26" from a 69 charger.   ???
Thats what I am doing to an original "055" radiator now.....its a #'s thing baby ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69DodgeCharger

Hey Telvis,

Whatever happened with Mr. Joe Wilkins? Did he ever make things right on that purchase you made form him? I never did hear the final outcome?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Chatt69chgr

US Radiator out of California.  They supply the radiators that Year One sells.  And you can choose from about three levels, 3 core, 4 core, or more.  I think the price for the 4 core was less than Year One was selling the 3 core for.  They do not have the chrysler numbers stamped on them.  There is usually a lead time.  I don't have their phone number right off the bat but I recall they had a website.