News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How hard is it to remove vinyl dye from soft parts?

Started by bull, April 12, 2007, 01:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Is it difficult to safely remove the dye off of soft vinyl parts such as upper door pads, arm rests or dash pads to get to the stock color beneath it? What product would you recommend using?

kab69440

Acetone, a good supply of rags, and an old toothbrush for the embossed "stitching".
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Nacho-RT74

there is paint removers, better than acetone... acetone damage everything around, specially plastics and vinyls.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kab69440

I've rubbed a bad dye job off every piece of soft vinyl that came with my car,and a few off eBay with acetone. No harm, and great results in little time.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."