News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3.55 Ring and Pinion Gearset for 8.75 489 rear

Started by Chatt69chgr, March 29, 2007, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I am looking at a 3.55 ring and pinion 29 spline for my 489 case.  I see that Yukon, Motive Gear, and Strange make them.  Richmond only has the 10 spline pinion.  The prices vary all over the place for the same item.  I initally looked at Randys Ring and Pinion but they are high $$ and have a point of presence in TN so I would have to pay tax buying from them.  After surfing around, I see that Strange Engineering has this ratio for $189.  And it's made in USA in Chicago.  There is a lead time but I don't care since I am not in a hurry.  I don't know where Yukon or Motive Gear are made.  And I don't have any idea how these stack up against each other quality wise.  What has been your experience with these?  I am leaning toward the Stange Engineering set right now.  Thanks.

GreenMachine

I bought a 3rd member from Randy's about 5 or 6 years ago. 489 case and 3.23 gears with a detroit locker. They use Yukon. I have over 30,000 miles on it now with no problems. My only regret was the locker, I wanted something that wouldn't wear out eventually. The "clunking" gets annoying after awhile on a street car.
   I don't have any experience with the other brands.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Chryco Psycho

I have used both Strange & Motive with no problems