News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar 440 6 PAK engine**for your B or E body** - $6500

Started by chgr500, March 29, 2007, 12:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chgr500

Is this price worth the money?...local ad..price is in Canadian $$...seems an interesting build...

I have aquired all the pieces to put together a fresh 1971 440 6 bbl engine.
air cleaner,linkage,element,3 carbs,fuel line kit,polished intake,std bore high nickel block,steel crank,2 roller tim chain,high volume oil pump,hp rods,bearings,trw 10.5-1 six pak pistons,pins,rings,Mopar perf. solid camshaft [286-557 lift],lifters,pushrods,isky steel rockers,shafts,holdown kit,balancer,felpro engine gasket set,7 quart deep pan,1/2 inch oil pickup,polished m\t valve covers,dist. drive gear,2 cans hemi orange paint,pair of [professionally finished] 915 close chamber heads all fresh with new valves,springs[to match cam],retainers,hardened guides and debured,complete.
All thats needed is to machine blk to .030 over to except the new pistons and rings and assemble. All parts are new and top quality. Over 4 years and over $8000.00 inv.
Computer dyno shows 500 hp 575 lb torque with pump gas and stock exaust.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.will only sell complete, i'm not selling parts seperate.

thanks for your opinions.

Chryco Psycho

sounds about right cost wise , the problems I see are the 6 pack flat top piston with closed chamber 915 heads will be too high compression for pump gas , The cam would not be my first choice either unless you want a 2500 -7000 rpm engine

doctorpimp

Sounds like a good deal, depending on the shape of all of the stuff -  inspect for rust etc from sitting around  :coolgleamA:

If you buy it: sell the Heads, Cam and Lifters on eBay and buy:
Edelbrock heads (or your choice of alum aftermarket) and what ever cam Ron (firefighter3931) or Neil (Chryco Psycho) recommends for you  :icon_smile_big:  That way the 10.5 comp ratio can be tamed for the street...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Dodge Don

I'm no expert on this specific topic but 1/4" sounds very tight to me. Just waiting for the fan to eat the rad. If you are running a shroud I would think you could back it off to about up to an inch and still "pull" hot through the rad.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 31, 2007, 07:38:45 AM
I'm no expert on this specific topic but 1/4" sounds very tight to me. Just waiting for the fan to eat the rad. If you are running a shroud I would think you could back it off to about up to an inch and still "pull" hot through the rad.
??? ??? ???
I think you posted in the wrong topic Don...  ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

67_Dodge_Charger

You can reduce the compression by going with .080 or thicker copper gasket.  They are twice to three times the cost of a composite gasket but you will be able to reuse them up to five times if you clean of the carbon deposit (according to the discription at Summit).  I picked up a set of .093 4.380 copper gasket for my setup and it will help me reduce compression from 11.81 to 10.55+.  I can reduce the compression more by milling the pistion another .015.  Be sure to read the fine print on the copper gaskets, some require an o-ring which will add another fifty dollars to your build by having the machine shop machine a ring around each cylinder and install a cut to length wire ring.  The o-ring will keep the copper gasket in place under extreme pressures and high compression. 

That setup sounds nice except for the cam and heads like others have stated.  You can always find a set of 906s to tame the compression monster.  That will drop the hp down to the 425 to 450 range.

Anyway it sounds good for the price.

Robert

Dodge Don

Quote from: doctorpimp on March 31, 2007, 10:33:02 AM
??? ??? ???

How the heck did that happen  ???

Sorry guys.

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 31, 2007, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: doctorpimp on March 31, 2007, 10:33:02 AM
??? ??? ???

How the heck did that happen  ???

Sorry guys.

Sounds like Don pulled an "allnighter" and stopped by the site before crashing!   :cheers:

Dodge Don

I thought it was all a dream  ::)

Anyways...just so I can add some value to this thread....go with Eddy heads and 528 solid lift cam with 1.6:1 inductile rockers. (my imitation of Ron....almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about  :scratchchin: )