News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

9-11

Started by Charger Aficionado, September 09, 2005, 02:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

One more anniversary...   I still feel the "HOLLOWNESS" in my chest as if it happened today when I see the footage...
CLICK HERE:  http://www.yippie.nl/humor/filmpjes/crashes/movies/WTC%20Bombing%20Spectacular%20ANGLE.mpg

Charger_Fan

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Goldfinger71

I WILL NEVER FORGET!.........LET'S ALL REMEMBER TO CHERISH OUR LIVES,FAMILIES AND FRIENDS! :engel016: :patriot: :wave: :smash: :drive:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

69bananabeast

Only year I took ROTC when it happend and coincidently happened during that class .  Where were you  ???
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Wakko

Sadly, we WILL forget.  Ask 100 teenagers what's the significance of Pearl Harbor and some will know, some won't.  Less than 10 will know the date it occurred.  Hopefully since 9/11 actually IS the date and there's so much footage out there of it it will take much longer to forget, but America's memory is so short.   :icon_smile_sad: :rotz:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: 69bananabeast on September 10, 2005, 06:04:27 PM
Where were you ???
I was sitting on the couch watching the news when they made the announcement of the first plane crashing. Right after that they went live in New York. I don't remember how long after that but I actually saw the second plane crash. Both my mom and I were in awe. That was definitely a very, very sad day :'( .

Quote from: Wakko on September 10, 2005, 07:17:13 PM
Ask 100 teenagers what's the significance of Pearl Harbor and some will know, some won't. Less than 10 will know the date it occurred.
Now, I'm only 14 and we haven't learned a single thing about Pearl Harbor. Going from things I've heard, and read, Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese and was the start of World War 2. It happened sometime in the winter of '41. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wakko

You're almost there.  December 7, 41...D-Day...a Day that will live in infamy.  It wasn't the start of WW2, but it was the start of active US involvement in an existing world war.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

MoparYoungGun

Thanks for correcting me Wakko!

Lowprofile

I know I will NEVER FORGET. :patriot:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Today is also my 11th wedding anniversary. Our 7th was a downer for obvious reasons.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Wakko on September 10, 2005, 07:57:36 PM
You're almost there.   December 7, 41...D-Day...a Day that will live in infamy.   It wasn't the start of WW2, but it was the start of active US involvement in an existing world war.

D-Day? That was the invasion of Europe...................Normandy. :patriot:

BBD

Wakko

Oops, see? Even us 30 year olds get it mixed up.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Afflyer

Wakko, I would have to kindly dissagree with you.   September eleventh is such a pivotal point in our nation's history.   There isn't a DAY that goes by, that the media in some way, shape or form, doesn't make some kind of reference to "9-11".   It's been engrained into our very existence as a nation of freedom loving people.   Each and every SINGLE one of us can easily and readily recall what we were doing on that fateful morning and where each of us were.

So to say that September eleventh will eventually be forgotten, I say nay.

As a career NCO in the USAF, as I go into harms way quite literally, it's my duty, honor and privelege to kindly remind those who have had a momentary lapse of memory, lest we forget.     :patriot:

Bradley
Milton, Florida   :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

dkn1997

I was working in the field as a mechanic.  I happened to be near my house that day and stopped home to take a dump.  My wife was home with our 1 year old.  There was a DVD playing on the TV.

I was heading back out to my truck when my helper came screaming out of the truck that the WTC just got bombed.  We went inside and put on the news just in time to see the 2nd plane hit.  It was so hard to imagine that we thought we were watching a replay of the first plane hitting the first tower.  even the news anchor thought so.  then they announced that it was, in fact, a 2nd plane.

I left my house to go back to work just as the first tower fell.  heard the other one fall on the radio in the truck.

I will never forget that feeling.
RECHRGED

Chargerguy74

D-day was the allied invasion of Normandy, June 6, 1944, the day that decided our freedom. Pearl harbor, 1941, marked the United States entry into the war which started in 1939.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

NYCMille

Where was I that day hmm....

RUNNING  :flame: ... I worked on the 32 Floor of 7 WTC, so when you looked at the news that day and saw all those people covered in ash... well, that was me... that day gave a whole new meaning for the term "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!"... I can safely say that I saw things that day that I would just assume forget, however not a day goes by where I can't recall everything that happened that day to and F'ing T, little things like one couple I saw jump out of Tower 1 holding hands - he was wearing a white shirt, red tie and black pants - the woman was wearing a grey slacks and white blouse... they landed no more then 500 yards from me :'(

Freaky what you remember... and people ask me why the license plate on my Charger says "MR ANGRY"...

Shakey

ramit

Quote from: NYCMille on September 12, 2005, 08:26:49 AM
Where was I that day hmm....

RUNNING :flame: ... I worked on the 32 Floor of 7 WTC, so when you looked at the news that day and saw all those people covered in ash... well, that was me... that day gave a whole new meaning for the term "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!"... I can safely say that I saw things that day that I would just assume forget, however not a day goes by where I can't recall everything that happened that day to and F'ing T, little things like one couple I saw jump out of Tower 1 holding hands - he was wearing a white shirt, red tie and black pants - the woman was wearing a grey slacks and white blouse... they landed no more then 500 yards from me :'(

Freaky what you remember... and people ask me why the license plate on my Charger says "MR ANGRY"...

That is crazy, I can not even imagine going through something like you and many others did that day.  I find it very hard to believe if they rebuild there people would want to work in that building.  I would think it would be a major target for future attacks.

andy74

i was at work,walking across the used car lot from the car,when i heard some thing on the radio about a plane hitting the WTC, me and the guys in the shop assumed it was a accident,until the 2nd one.I was scared shittless then,and still am of flying,espeacially because i was flying up from florida to nyc to visit my little brother that next week.ended up coming here in november,and still get chills when i see the footage,and pics of that terrible day-Andy

MichaelRW

I was on vacation in Hawaii with my wife. We were sitting on the deck of a house we had rented for the week having morning coffee when the phone rang. I answered the phone and it was the local airport calling to tell us our helicopter tour had been cancelled. I asked why was it cancelled? They said because all the airports had been shutdown. I asked why were all the airports shutdown? They said to turn on the TV.

It certainly put a damper on the rest of the vacation.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

FastbackJon

9-11-1965 was a good day. The 440 in my '66 Charger was built that day. It is now 40 years old!

Back on topic with 9-11-2001.... I'll post a bit of text I got in an email once. Kind of neat if you remember Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas...

Every U down in U-ville liked U.S. life a lot,
But the Binch, who lived Far East of U-ville, did not.
The Binch hated U-ville! and the whole U.S. way!
Now don't ask me why, for nobody can say,

It could be his turban was screwed on too tight.
Or the sun from the desert had beaten too bright
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But, Whatever the reason, his heart or his turban,
He stood facing U-ville, the part that was urban.
"They're doing their business," he snarled from his perch.
"They're raising their families! They're going to church!

They're leading the world, and their empire is thriving,
I MUST keep the S's and U's from surviving!"
Tomorrow, he knew, all the U's and the S's,
Would put on their pants and their shirts and their dresses,

They'd go to their offices, playgrounds and schools,
And abide by their U and S values and rules,
And then they'd do something he liked least of all,
Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,

Would stand all united, each U and each S,
And they'd sing U-ville's anthem, "God bless us! God bless!"
All around their Twin Towers of U-ville, they'd stand,
And their voices would drown every sound in the land.

"I must stop that singing," Binch said with a smirk,
And he had an idea--an idea that might work!
The Binch stole some U airplanes in U morning hours,
And crashed them right into the U-ville Twin Towers.

"They'll wake to disaster!" he snickered, so sour,
"And how can they sing when they can't find a tower?"
The Binch cocked his ear as they woke from their sleeping,
All set to enjoy their U-wailing and weeping,

Instead he heard something that started quite low,
And it built up quite slow, but it started to grow--
And the Binch heard the most unpredictable thing...
And he couldn't believe it--they started to sing!

He stared down at U-ville, not trusting his eyes,
What he saw was a shocking, disgusting surprise!
Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any towers at all!

He HADN'T stopped U-Ville from singing! It sung!
For down deep in the hearts of the old and the young,
Those Twin Towers were standing, called Hope and called Pride,
And you can't smash the towers we hold deep inside.

So we circle the sites where our heroes did fall,
With a hand in each hand of the tall and the small,
And we mourn for our losses while knowing we'll cope,
For we still have inside that U-Pride and U-Hope.

For America means a bit more than tall towers,
It means more than wealth or political powers,
It's more than our enemies ever could guess,
So may God bless America! Bless us! God bless!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

4402tuff4u

I was working in Staten Island, NY not far from downtown Manhattan running a construction site. This lady pulls up to me by the office trailer crying hysterically that we are being attacked. I could'nt really understand her and she took off in her car. I went to my car and put on the radio and sure as hell it was true. I shut down the jobsite and sent everyone home. As I was doing that, I could remember this so well, I saw a single fully loaded F-18 heading towards NYC with it's afterburners on approximately 500 off the ground. I remember the bright blueish glow coming out of the engines. My guess is that this F-18 was enroute to the last radar position recorded by the second plane that hit the towers. If we were really paying attention that morning, we probably would have seen the second plane hit the towers. Downtown Manhattan is visible from Staten Island.

In addition to all the destruction and loss of life, the worst feeling was that I could'nt get home. All the bridges were shut down. I eventually got home by driving to New Jersey heading Upstate NY and crossing over at a bridge (Tappanzee Bridge) further north from the City at about 7:00 PM that evening. I least I got home. Many other Americans did not. It's amazing how many neighbors were lost in the attack. :bawling:

There are people who will forget and others that wont, it all depends on your loss. We just have to remember so that we dont re-live history.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"