News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just Dashes - Tell Me More

Started by Shakey, March 28, 2007, 01:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Just Dashes out of CA - I know who they are and what they do, I'm interested in knowing a bit more about them and the quality of their work.

I realize we have discussed them here in the past, I am curious if anyone here has dealt with them recently with regards to the restoration of their interior pieces and how things went (re: quality & lead-time).

I have asked them about the restoration of my four upper door pads (door & quarter) and the three pads on the front of the dash.

Can anyone else offer some insight / feedback?

Thanks in advance.

68charger70cuda

i had two dash pads restored by them and they were both great. it did take quite a while for them to do the work - that just means they are busy as heck.

Charger-Bodie

we had them do a set of upper door pads for a 70 charger and it was NOT worth the 800.00 they charged period
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

Quote from: 68charger70cuda on March 28, 2007, 02:10:54 PM
i had two dash pads restored by them and they were both great. it did take quite a while for them to do the work - that just means they are busy as heck.

How long did it take them?

Was there a big difference in how long they told you it would take and how long it actually took?

Shakey

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 28, 2007, 02:49:40 PM
we had them do a set of upper door pads for a 70 charger and it was NOT worth the 800.00 they charged period

Do you have any before and after photos?

What is it that was wrong with the pads after they finished?

What was the alternative to having them do the pads for you?  Who else does this type of work?

Some more details please!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Shakey on March 28, 2007, 04:44:56 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on March 28, 2007, 02:49:40 PM

Do you have any before and after photos?

What is it that was wrong with the pads after they finished?

What was the alternative to having them do the pads for you?  Who else does this type of work?

Some more details please!

they were real bad to start with but from what i understand that doest matter because all they reuse is the metal backing  . as for what was wrong the grain was wrong the dye was sprayed very dry and rough and worst of all the pads are just too puffy and they wouldnt fit into the inner belt moulding up on top of the door near the window

........ on my charger i ended up getting a nice set that had only a couple very small nicks , repaired them, dyed them and put them on WAY BETTER!!!!IMO
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

41husk

I had all my upper door pads done, they looked great.  Cost was close to $800 due to color other than black.  They told me 6 weeks.  I called them at 6 weeks and they said it would be a bit longer.  I was in the 2nd month when I got them.  I think they are the only ones doing this service, supply and demand.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69charger2002

the reason i don't like them is like 1hot68 said. they are too puffy. sure they are "newer looking" but from what i have seen)they won't get $800 from me).. they lose most or all of that middle indention line that runs down the pad horizontally. when you lose that, it makes the pad look like it doesn't even belong on the car. a couple of buddies had them done by just dashes, and i've seen some at car shows... all looked that same puffy style. i'd rather wait and get a mint original set on ebay for $400-500 before plunking down $800 for something that would bug me every time i got in the car. to me it's like having a 69 taillights with no chrome bezels around the lights.. would just bug me that it's not right looking
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 41husk on March 29, 2007, 07:48:43 AM
  I think they are the only ones doing this service, supply and demand.

No, there is another one... I'll try to recall...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ChargerST

Does Legendary sell the door pads?

Troy

Quote from: ChargerST on March 29, 2007, 11:21:59 AM
Does Legendary sell the door pads?
No. (Unless it's new and I haven't read about it yet.)

There "other" company probably is SMS http://smsautofabrics.com. Try this too:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18138.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chargen69

I saw in person a dash that was done by them (not a charger). It looked really good, even though some of the edges were not as sharp as factory, it would have been worth it for how good the rest of the dash looked.

Shakey

Thanks for all of this fellas!

I'd love to see some photos of their finished products if anyone has them.

I was concerned with the grain and the stripe/line down the centre also.

Perhaps I'll hold off for now as they quoted $190.00 USD for each upper pad and $200.00 USD a piece for the 2 pads on the dash and the glove box door.

They said the lead-time was about 10 weeks.

I'd hate to spend that kind of bread and be disappointed.

defiance

"the other one" is Dashboard Restoration USA -
http://www.dashboardrestorations.com/

I used them and I'm extremely happy with them.

At the time, both just dashes and dbr-usa quoted me $700 to redo my '72 dash.  The only difference was that dbr-usa qouted me 4 weeks and just dashes quoted me *14* weeks (the lady I spoke to said they had an 'unusual rush' of work).  I hadn't heard anyone who used dbr-usa, but decided I'd take my chances, and I'm very happy with the results.  I actually had the pad back in less than 4 weeks, and it looks excellent.  I don't know diddly about accuracy of grain, but I do know it looks good.

There are some interior shots in my signature if you'd like to see them.  Unfortunately I have no 'before' photos, but it had several HUGE cracks, some of which were nothing short of cavernous - We had tried to use one of the cheap $70 "pads" on it, and when it peeled off, it took chunks of the vynil with it... it was just a nasty, horrific thing...  Now it's purty :)