News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good Deal for 68-70 Charger?

Started by h76, March 27, 2007, 03:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h76

What price should you expect to pay for a solid,running 68-70 charger these days?
Not looking for exact $ amount(just a general range)-just wondering what people out there think they should be valued at?
And for the record-I don't have one for sale and I'm not trying to make this a WIW post.
I'm just curious to see what people's opinions are-I do realize prices/values are contingent on options/drivetrain,etc-but wondering your guy's opinion?
My guess is $5-$7k to start with for one that is basically complete needing interior,various parts,bodywork,etc.-but runs and drives.
Am I low?

mikepmcs

maybe a little, but hey the deals are out there, you just gotta be patient and keep searching.  I'm thinking in the 9-12 range(leaning more towards 12) for a running driving, typical panel replacement, etc....  and options and motors will play a big part in this as well IMHO.

Good luck. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

QuoteAm I low?
mmm my guessing 7-10K

just my 2 cents
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Troy

If I could find a decent running/driving 68-69 for under $7k I'd own it. I wouldn't even expect an R/T for that price. I really don't know what 70s are bringing but it's not a whole lot less. I found a 68 last summer for $3k but it needed a complete other car to swipe sheet metal from. That same car on eBay would probably go for $4-5k (or not). I passed on a solid, straight 69 a while back for around $7k and I doubt if I'll see another deal like that for a long time. It was in pieces for the most part (trim, interior, doors, lights, glass) but the original 383 was still in it and it could be driven around the block. HLPAG bought it and had it turned into a $35k General Lee two weeks later. I live in Ohio so anything without rust is a gold mine.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DodgeChargerNeeded

A solid running project needing complete restoration will be $10k easy
Jeff

Bandit4142

My Charger was running (although a rod started knocking within a week), the tranny was shot, and the interior was removed.   My Charger is a 383 4bbl car with a console automatic, factory air, and according to the body tag it was a "White Hat Special".    Technically nothing special, and all the "Hard Parts" came with the car, although it was generally dismantled....   I paid over $10k simply because the Charger is 100% RUST FREE!   It all depends on what you place "Value" in.   If its a rust free body, rare options, an R/T, or a big block...  these are the decisions you willl need to make.

I couldn't be happier with my decision, just make sure you feel the same way when you find "your" Charger.    ;)
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

hemi-hampton

When you say Solid I think rustfree meaning no rust repair. What else could solid mean. Being rustfree or rust bucket should make a huge differance in price in my opinion. In the long run a rustfree car will save you money over restoring a Rustbucket. LEON.

Gene66

My 68 charger cost me 6k, last year. running but not a driver, its #matching & burgundy / red interior. need trunk floor, painting and a good cleaning inside.

six-tee-nine

I'm looking around for a '68 now.

The only thing i'm really interested is is a car that has a complete interior (don't mind if it's beat up as long as it's there) and i also care about chrome trim because thats a pain in the *ss if it's missing.
And of course a grille is important also....

What i don't care about is #s matching cars or big/small blocks because i'm planning on building a 440 stroker combo with a 4 speed and I gave up looking only for 4 speed chargers.....

Anyway, i've set myself a max of 10K for that, i might want to go up to 12K but the car really has to be worth it then....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Blown70

My only suggetion is to get the most solid car you can for the $$.  Even if it costs a bit extra.

CaptMarvel

I bought my honest to gosh factory 68 R/T about 3 years ago and drove it home for 3K, I know that might not be typical & believe me Im grateful, but the point is, there are crazy killer deals around, just always be on the lookout and dont be afraid to peek down every back alley and barn side. I'd say these days, probably in the 7/8K range. You never know when you wake up if this will be the day you drive an old Charger home...good luck!  :coolgleamA: