News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The results are in: women love gray hair on guys

Started by bull, March 27, 2007, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

This is good news for me. ;) ;) I'd better tell the wife I'm officially a hottie, in case she forgot.

http://boomers.msn.com/articleDP.aspx?cp-documentid=379781

The Silver Fox? What Women Think About Gray Hair
By Marcy Barack

The results are in. We asked Match.com users, "Ladies, is silver hair really sexy on guys?" and thousands said:

Gray hair is hot—72 percent

Let's admit up front that gray hair on men is distinguished. On women, it's just old. He's a silver fox. She's a crone. Oh, well, that's why there's Clairol.

The only thing better is when they're bald—12 percent
Let me just drop one name: Sean Connery. Or two: Patrick Stewart. Or three: Michael Jordan.

Silver's a sign he's passed his prime—16 percent
These gals are certainly entitled to this opinion, but in my book, the real turnoff is the thinning pelt. The long retreat of the hairline above the eyebrows leaves a skinny peninsula marooned over the nose. Then come the desperate attempts at disguise with the dreaded comb-over. At last, nothing remains but the semi-circular fringe above the collar.

Only an accident of genetics or a horrible brush with death turns a full head of hair gray while the owner is still young. In most people, it's a sign of advancing years. Aging confers many benefits on men:

1. They accumulate power and status in the form of money and position

When you go on a date with a silver fox, there's none of the dithering about that typifies a younger guy. He's got a plan. He'll pick you up. He may even open the door for you. If he's of the old school, there's no divvying up the check, either; it all goes on his platinum card. Once upon a time, a silver fox offered to send his airplane for me. Not every older guy has a fortune, but they are usually past the scrimping stage. Of course, you may have to make some allowances if he's still paying alimony and child support.

2. They become wise in the ways of the world and women

When you date an older guy, you reap the benefits of decades of female tutoring. All the women in his life who have preceded you—his mom, his girlfriends, especially his first wife—have hopefully taught him what women want. Those women educated him in the finer points of how to dress, how to act, how to listen, how to appreciate you.

3. They know how to have fun

The silver-haired fox who's going through a mid-life crisis typically drives a snazzy red sports car and throws around lots of money. He makes a great traveling companion. He's got decades of jokes to tell. And he's an enthusiastic lover. If he's already raised one family, chances are he may not want another. So if you don't particularly care for kids, he's a good choice.

4. They make good fathers

If you do want kids, and so does he, children from later marriages have certain advantages. A dad going through his second childhood makes a great playmate. And he may pay a lot more attention to children of his later years than kids who came along while he was fully immersed in building his career.

70charginglizard

Excellent! I'm getting there real quick. Thats for sure. :icon_smile_big:
70charginglizard

Silver R/T

Thanks, now Im more self-confident about my gray hair.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

red72chrgr

I've been telling this to women for a long time. "snow on top doesn't mean the fire's out below"
Nothing personal, just business

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Bob

charger490

I have the gray hair,power,and money.i am old school ,dress very good,and listen very good,drive two chargers one red one black,have all kinds of jokes,very good father,second and third chil hood and love kids now where are the women?

bull

Quote from: charger490 on March 28, 2007, 03:57:31 PM
I have the gray hair,power,and money.i am old school ,dress very good,and listen very good,drive two chargers one red one black,have all kinds of jokes,very good father,second and third chil hood and love kids now where are the women?

Write to the people who did the survey. Maybe they'll give you some phone numbers.

The70RT

Quote from: bull on March 28, 2007, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: charger490 on March 28, 2007, 03:57:31 PM

Write to the people who did the survey. Maybe they'll give you some phone numbers.

LOL..................why am I laughing? Mines about gone  :'( Did they have an article on balding men?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lowprofile

Cool! Grey hair "bringing sexy back"  :icon_smile_big:  Kenny Rogers must be our King!  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on March 28, 2007, 09:44:55 PM
Cool! Grey hair "bringing sexy back"  :icon_smile_big:  Kenny Rogers must be our King!  :D

Maybe, until his eyes went all freaky on us after the plastic surgery. :o

The70RT

Quote from: bull on March 28, 2007, 10:42:37 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on March 28, 2007, 09:44:55 PM

Maybe, until his eyes went all freaky on us after the plastic surgery. :o

So thats what happened :scratchchin:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Have you guys noticed none of the women have chimed in? I'm starting to get worried this poll is a load of BS. :-\

68chrgrwife

well, a woman perspective yeah all the gray haired men you guys mentioned are hot, too bad that I am 29 (or at least am on the east coast and will be on the west coast in 3 hrs) and I have gray hair...Luckily I use hair dye.  I love a distingushed man, but I also love my hubby's hair color and if he ever went gray..two words...Grecian Formula!!!  LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

71ChallengeHer

Ok, grey hair is very sexy on men. Very distinguished.  ;)  Me , I look at the eyes and teeth. He should have a full set.  And they have to have a good heart, great sense of humor.  And owning a Mopar is a big plus. :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 28, 2007, 10:55:54 PM
Me , I look at the eyes and teeth. He should have a full set.
Yep, I can imagine that would always be a plus. :haha: :rofl:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Well, my wife hasn't run away yet so maybe gray really is alright. I had a few gray ones when I met her, but now it's just a few that aren't[/i]  gray.

Maybe she's the reason though?  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry