News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photos of trunk area on 68 Charger please!

Started by rob9593, March 27, 2007, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob9593

Hey guys...can someone or some of you guys be a pal and post some photos of the runk area on a 68 Charger, especially the area where it welds up to the rear panel ( under the taillight housing area ) ....but any trunk photos tat show how it goes in would be helpful....

thanksin advance !

400/6/PAC

I dont have a 68 to take pics of.
My 69 might help you.
what exatley are you looking for.
I also have a restore book that I might be able to find what you need.

rob9593

looking for photos of where the trunk mates up to the rear panel....would just like to see some close up detail of how the bumper brackets weld to the rear panel, and how the trunk panel mates up with the rear panel......anything helps! thanks....and I'm sure 69 is the same as 68

rob9593

oh, come on guys...can't I sway one or more of you to go out and take some photos of the trunk, especially where it meets the rear tail panel....what I'm wondering about exactly is an L shaped piece that looks like mates the trunk floor to the rear panel...... my sheel seems to be missing that....  :notworthy:

Charger-Bodie

i can get you some pics if it ever quits raining
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

OttawaCharger

like this?
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

rob9593

Yes, thanks! If I could get some more showing this piece of steel that would be great, I think that's the pice I need to figure out how it welds to the floor

Charger-Bodie

the part if  you are talking about what i think you are is part of the floor and it dont come that way on a repop
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

OttawaCharger

digs through a hundred pics...  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
hows this?

rob9593

so the original has a 90 degree lip and the repop doesn't? Thanks a lot for the pic, I think what I'm looking for is hiding under the seam sealer though  :rofl:

OttawaCharger

no problem for the pictures.  Those are indeed original panels rust and all.  :D perhaps someone has a cleaner pic than what I had.

68mmcharger

Here is one of my 68. It did not come with the upright metal bracket.  Which ones have it and which ones don't??

Kevin

OttawaCharger

Very interesting!  :yesnod:
Mine is an early model 68 that was build September 67. it also has the early trunk lid.
I guess now you'll have to check your build date to figure out which one you need  :icon_smile_tongue:

rob9593

Yes, I was wondering about that....I never seen that vertical bracket on either of my 68's .....my one 383 Charger was built Nov 67, and the other I'm not sure of.....but neither have the bracket.....

I think my mystery was solved because I wasn't so sure why the rear was so flimsy and the replacement trunk floor didn't seem to have any way of re-inforcing it....now that I know that the original panels had a 90 degree lip, I understand why the previous owner made this L shaped channel piece for the floor...

he must have just cut too much floor out and realized he needed this now...

68mmcharger

Sounds like you are correct on the previous owner cutting out too much of the original floor.  I left a 1/2" or so lip to weld the repop pieces to.

On the vertical bracket...... Based on VIN, my build date was in mid January 68 or so.  Maybe someone else has more info on the vertical brackets.

Kevin

UKCharger

I was told the upright only appeared on the Hemi and track pack cars.

My trackpack car has the upright.

maybe Galin Govier' would have the answer.

OttawaCharger

Well, if it helps, my car started life with a 383-2BBL automatic.

smasherofall

Charger-Bodie

those uprights are on early 68s ...........here is a pic of the floor you wanted sorry it took so long!

rob9593

thanks everyone.....also, the uprights are an interesting variation I was not aware of till now......