News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

:icon_smile_big:

69*F5*SE

keepat

Looks Awesome! and no extra parts  ;) Great job! I just did the tilt column on my T/A it was a #%$%
Pat

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Finn

:woohoo:
Thank you very much for taking the time to document and write that all up! Im printing out a copy right now.
:cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

The70RT

Thanks guys, you are welcome Finn.

hemi68charger

Things are coming along rather nicely !!!!  Keep up the good work..............   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

The70RT

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 09, 2009, 01:05:32 PM
Things are coming along rather nicely !!!!  Keep up the good work..............   :2thumbs:

Thanks Troy.

chargerrt

I'm anxious to see your car finished.  That's top class work you're doing!  Keep it up!

The70RT

Well it will steer and stop now.  :P Plans was to have it sent to the body shop for the completion of the finish work but some other things got in the way like maintenance on the house and several other things like my dog (Stumpy) had to be hospitalized and cut wide open after he swallowed a treble hook on vacation a couple weeks ago  :brickwall: ..... :'( ....he's doing fine now and gets his staples out this Monday. So I am doing some more work myself now. Thought I better do an update.

b5blue

I just want to thank you for this topic! Your photos of the column rebuild saved my butt. That little collar you put on last, my 70 never had one and the wheel never sat right on the column (I had to leave it a little loose) Without that and the wheel tightened to it the shaft won't seat to the bearing properly. 14 years of trying to figure out what was going on ended when I saw this! After searching everywhere for one I got a 3/4 bushing from a bearing shop and cut one to fit!  :2thumbs:

Foreman72

i just spent the last 30+ min reading thru this...i can only hope my resto comes out as good as yours has...and you made it all look so easy  :lol:

i wish someone had a write up like this on for a 72...

truly excellent work :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: b5blue on July 11, 2009, 02:56:52 PM
I just want to thank you for this topic! Your photos of the column rebuild saved my butt. That little collar you put on last, my 70 never had one and the wheel never sat right on the column (I had to leave it a little loose) Without that and the wheel tightened to it the shaft won't seat to the bearing properly. 14 years of trying to figure out what was going on ended when I saw this! After searching everywhere for one I got a 3/4 bushing from a bearing shop and cut one to fit!  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Foreman72 on July 11, 2009, 03:41:49 PM
i just spent the last 30+ min reading thru this...i can only hope my resto comes out as good as yours has...and you made it all look so easy  :lol:

i wish someone had a write up like this on for a 72...

truly excellent work :2thumbs:

Thanks and your welcome guys.

Projekts

You saved my butt on the steering column rebuild too. I didn't take enough pictures of my steering column when I was taking it apart, your photos helped me get it back together. Your car looks fantastic, Thank you.

The70RT

69bronzeT5

Looking great! Thanks again for the locks Dennis :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Wow, I'm certainly envious of your talent. Keep up the great work, I'll be glued to the thread waiting for some updates  :cheers: :cheers:

The70RT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 17, 2009, 07:51:04 PM

Thanks, your welcome Cody.
Quote from: jb666 on July 17, 2009, 07:56:34 PM
Wow, I'm certainly envious of your talent. Keep up the great work, I'll be glued to the thread waiting for some updates  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks Jeff. Your car is sure turning out sweet and have followed you from the crazy start of it all.  :yesnod: I will hope to get a paint job like yours someday. I just registered on Facebook because Jamey H. ask me to. That is you on there too right? Somehow it sugested you as a friend. I thought it could be because the roof pic looked like yours?

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on July 17, 2009, 08:04:11 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 17, 2009, 07:51:04 PM

Thanks, your welcome Cody.
Quote from: jb666 on July 17, 2009, 07:56:34 PM
Wow, I'm certainly envious of your talent. Keep up the great work, I'll be glued to the thread waiting for some updates  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks Jeff. Your car is sure turning out sweet.  :yesnod: I will hope to get a paint job like yours someday. I just registered on Facebook because Jamey H. ask me to. That is you on there too right? Somehow it sugested you as a friend. I thought it could be because the roof pic looked like yours?

Hey, yes, that's me!!  With what I'm seeing of your work, your car will be awesome.. The difference is you can take credit for it.. I'm simply PAYING for mine to be done.. While this doesn't bother me, I really wish that I could take credit for doing the work, but I have no problem admitting it's way over my head.  :cheers:

The70RT

Another hold up.....but not a body shop from hell hold up. I should have had it ready to go for paint by now. My right foot has hampered me over the last year and it is time to go under the knife  :hack: I have put up with it as long as I can. I can go to work and maintain a few things around the homestead but it has been killing me to do much more. I will get multiple bone spurs removed from my heal and repair a partially detached achilles tenden. I will go in for surgery Oct 8th. Since I am on my feet all day long at work I will be down 6 weeks.  :pullinghair: I guess I will be on the weight machine and the computer more now  :-\

1969chargerrtse

After looking at all you've done, I feel like I've done nothing on my car.  Love all pictures.  Fantastic work.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 14, 2009, 09:58:46 PM
After looking at all you've done, I feel like I've done nothing on my car.  Love all pictures.  Fantastic work.  :2thumbs:

Thanks Rob. Can't wait till I just have piddly stuff to do after it's done.

dads_69

34 months, damn. I remember those days. Goodluck to you, car is looking great.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.