News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

nice work  :drool5: keep the pictures coming dude :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

Got the Booster back today. I got it done at Prior Brake Products for 90 bucks plus shipping. I have to paint it myself.

jb666

:o Wow, your car is going to be absolutely incredible!!!  :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

skip68

:2thumbs:  Looking good Dennis.   MATS next year ? 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

At first I was thinking two years  ::) Then I thought realistically and said 2 more. Right now I am thinking I am half done? If I get it to a paint shop in a few months, and got it back in the fall then I would say maybe less. So no MATS  :'(

roger440

Man, im loving this build up, its just great.

Not worked on mine for 4 years and this is just the inspiration i need  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

The70RT

Quote from: roger440 on February 07, 2009, 04:10:18 PM
Man, im loving this build up, its just great.

Not worked on mine for 4 years and this is just the inspiration i need  :2thumbs:

Thanks....just gotta keep pluggin away  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

The70RT

I finally got my front brake cable today. It was back ordered for a few weeks. The cable was about $25 and you don't get the rubber grommet with it, and is $25 more  ::) My cable was pretty good still and cleaned it and painted it, then seen a broken strand so I got one. The rear cables were in great shape and cleaned up like new......especially the galvanized one. I also got my master cylinder kit and need to get it done. I started my steering column before these parts got here and everything looks great inside. I also will be going back with the original wheel. My upper bearing looks good but is encased in rubber so I guess I need to get one. Does anyone have a recommendation for best price on the bearing and the ignition switch & turnsignal harness? Mine look ok but figure I better replace them for piece of mind. The shift tube support bushing looks ok. Do they break easily with age and is it usually replaced on a resto? Theres a lot of parts in these compared to the 68 & 69's.

Belgium R/T -68

Looks great friend :2thumbs: I'm getting behind you now with your tempo. :icon_smile_big: I noticed that my aftermarket rear brakecables
will not fit into the connector, the "balls" are to big or is the connector abused?  :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

The70RT

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 20, 2009, 01:20:18 AM
Looks great friend :2thumbs: I'm getting behind you now with your tempo. :icon_smile_big: I noticed that my aftermarket rear brakecables
will not fit into the connector, the "balls" are to big or is the connector abused?  :scratchchin:

Thanks friend. Where did you get your cables at?

Finn

When you put that steering column back together would you mind taking some pictures por favor lol?
Oh and what type of wheel is that pictured? I really like the look and thickness of it.
Thanks!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

The70RT

Quote from: Finn on February 20, 2009, 01:50:58 PM
When you put that steering column back together would you mind taking some pictures por favor lol?
Oh and what type of wheel is that pictured? I really like the look and thickness of it.
Thanks!

Sure no problem. As far as the wheel goes I got it 30 years ago and it doesn't have a name on it  :shruggy: My brain wont take me back that far............................

keepat

Dennis,

Your car is looking Awesome and your work is 1st class! I have enjoyed checking in on your progress, thanks for posting all the pictures!
Good luck!
Pat

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: The70RT on February 20, 2009, 06:35:42 AM

I think it's from Inline tube, the "balls" at the connector end is about 7/16" in diameter.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

The70RT

Quote from: keepat on February 20, 2009, 02:14:05 PM
Dennis,

Your car is looking Awesome and your work is 1st class! I have enjoyed checking in on your progress, thanks for posting all the pictures!
Good luck!
Pat

Thanks Pat. Your work is probably even better...love your bird :2thumbs:

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 20, 2009, 02:43:25 PM
Quote from: The70RT on February 20, 2009, 06:35:42 AM

I think it's from Inline tube, the "balls" at the connector end is about 7/16" in diameter.

So it looks like your gonna have to modify the junction piece a bit :-\

The70RT

Quote from: Finn on February 20, 2009, 01:50:58 PM
Thanks!

Heres the pics.......pretty much in order as in service manual. Mostly pretty simple to assemble.

Here is the parts I restored. Make sure that little spring retainer is in the tube. It is a bitch when your all done and that is the only part you have left over.  :brickwall:  Install the lower bracket, it has an o-ring gasket between the two. Slip shift tube in to column housing.

The70RT

Put grease on the spring washer and put it on the shift housing. Install it on the shift tube and tighten set screw. Install lock housing with the four small bolts. Install the the lock lever spring assembly. I used the white lithium grease like the factory did.

The70RT

Install the the cover plate with the two screws. Install ignition switch with three screws. Install ignition key tumbler and the buzzer switch with the two screws.

The70RT

Before installing steering shaft fill the coupling body with grease 1/2" from the top and assemble on the shaft. Insert shaft into column. Install lock plate with pin and collar, then the c-clip (not in picture). Install greased bearing in bearing housing along with the turn signal switch.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: The70RT on January 28, 2009, 10:56:41 PM
Rear suspension in. Last pic is a before one  :eek2:

Can anybody tell me what the markings on the 8.75 represent?
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

The70RT

Install turn signal switch arm. Slip bearing housing over steering shaft and install the three screws and snap ring. The little collar just floats on the shaft and then istall the steering wheel and you done  :icon_smile_big: Pretty simple.....helps to take a lot of pics and have a service manual for more detailed instructions.