News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

So what's the ETA on the car ?   My wife said that my post made no sense and I agree so I've changed it.  :slap:   I guess I'm getting tired. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

Quote from: Khyron on December 01, 2008, 11:51:55 PM
huh?
I agree with you Khyron,   :eek2:  I think I need to take a break.   :cheers:   Chuck.......... 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2008, 11:07:54 PM
  So what's the ETA on the car ?   My wife said that my post made no sense and I agree so I've changed it.  :slap:   I guess I'm getting tired. 

Another year or so  :-\ unless I hit a jackpot in Vegas  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on December 06, 2008, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 06, 2008, 04:03:07 PM
let me know when your finish with my car your doing such a great job

When it's done I 'll trade for the birdable and the RR :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on December 06, 2008, 08:51:37 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 06, 2008, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 06, 2008, 04:03:07 PM
let me know when your finish with my car your doing such a great job

When it's done I 'll trade for the birdable and the RR :icon_smile_big:
we can trade for the RR but the birdible is not leaving >

six-tee-nine

Hey,

Got a question for you..... 

What's your motivation on not having the outside of the car paintad yet? If i were you I'd have the outside painted before I'd put any of the goodies on it.
Just to be sure the body shop don't overspray the expensive powder coat on my k member or rearaxle.....

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

The70RT

Quote from: six-tee-nine on December 07, 2008, 11:33:38 AM
Hey,

Got a question for you..... 

What's your motivation on not having the outside of the car paintad yet? If i were you I'd have the outside painted before I'd put any of the goodies on it.
Just to be sure the body shop don't overspray the expensive powder coat on my k member or rearaxle.....

I couldn't get it to a body shop on the rotisserie. It was too long and had issues when I took it to have it blasted. There is no truck in this city that could put it on with out it hanging off the edge. I just need it to be able to steer and stop it then I can take it to get it painted. I painted what is on it now but I want to make sure the outside in a lot nicer than what I could do. Yeah I will tape a lot of things up before it goes to the body shop. Also the shorter time it is a shop the better.....I don't need any nightmares like some on here have had.

The70RT

I sent my gauges off to be redone a while back. Nice turn around it took just over two weeks. Got the package Priority with delivery confirmation but no insurance ( 725.00 dollar resto). The box was not in the best of shape. Upon inspecting the cluster I noticed the right corner of the housing was damaged  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Also i sent them off with all 9 rivets that hold the lens on. It came back with only 3. I called them and they said send it back and it would be taken care of, Ok.........good deal. I sent it off Priority with delivery confirmation and insurance 41.00. That was like 3 weeks ago and I get it back with a 41.00 check  :icon_smile_big: and they said it was straightend easily. This time the box looks good with no damage  :icon_smile_big:..........I thought. I opened it up and yeah with the SAME damage, I guess they didn't even notice the corner  :shruggy:. I also got 3 more rivets but that still shorts me 3 from when I sent it in. I even checked my pictures of it and they were all there. I guess I will try to sraighten it myself. I just sent my booster off to get redone. Bumper to Bumper auto parts sent it to I think Cardone. It is only gonna cost like 96 dollars plus shipping both ways. Hopefully it will come back ok. That's what sucks about doing a long resto by the time you get it all together and find out about parts that don't work your warranty isn't worth a crap. Yeah been pretty crappy since I got back from my vacation. I worked this week and my achilles is almost out again and I haven't been able to get to the garage in the evening so I can rest my foot.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

tan top

damn ..sorry to see this ..thats anoying  :yesnod:  ..gauges look good though  :scope: i spy you have a volt gauge in there  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi-hampton

Looks like they may of needed a bigger box to protect the sides better & more bubble wrap. LEON.

Finn

Man that sucks and I know the feeling. Example: Just got my charger back yesterday so I was moving all my parts to make room when I realized the disc brake kit I bought over a year ago only has two rotors and two calipers. I bought and paid for four of them. :brickwall:
It'll be a tough sell on the company to convince them that I never opened the boxes till just now and thus never noticed.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

The70RT

Quote from: Finn on January 11, 2009, 05:27:13 PM
Man that sucks and I know the feeling. Example: Just got my charger back yesterday so I was moving all my parts to make room when I realized the disc brake kit I bought over a year ago only has two rotors and two calipers. I bought and paid for four of them. :brickwall:
It'll be a tough sell on the company to convince them that I never opened the boxes till just now and thus never noticed.

I hear ya....been there done that too  :brickwall:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: The70RT on January 11, 2009, 12:46:00 PM
I sent my gauges off to be redone a while back. Nice turn around it took just over two weeks. Got the package Priority with delivery confirmation but no insurance ( 725.00 dollar resto). The box was not in the best of shape. Upon inspecting the cluster I noticed the right corner of the housing was damaged  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Also i sent them off with all 9 rivets that hold the lens on. It came back with only 3. I called them and they said send it back and it would be taken care of, Ok.........good deal. I sent it off Priority with delivery confirmation and insurance 41.00. That was like 3 weeks ago and I get it back with a 41.00 check  :icon_smile_big: and they said it was straightend easily. This time the box looks good with no damage  :icon_smile_big:..........I thought. I opened it up and yeah with the SAME damage, I guess they didn't even notice the corner  :shruggy:. I also got 3 more rivets but that still shorts me 3 from when I sent it in. I even checked my pictures of it and they were all there. I guess I will try to sraighten it myself. I just sent my booster off to get redone. Bumper to Bumper auto parts sent it to I think Cardone. It is only gonna cost like 96 dollars plus shipping both ways. Hopefully it will come back ok. That's what sucks about doing a long resto by the time you get it all together and find out about parts that don't work your warranty isn't worth a crap. Yeah been pretty crappy since I got back from my vacation. I worked this week and my achilles is almost out again and I haven't been able to get to the garage in the evening so I can rest my foot.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

That sucks! Who did the gauges?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 11, 2009, 05:48:58 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 11, 2009, 12:46:00 PM

That sucks! Who did the gauges?

I don't want to start a stink about it on here. They offered again to send it back but I bent it back myself. They told me they straightend the other end. I never even noticed on the other end so mistakes can be made. It was bent for sure on that end because there is hair line cracks in it from bending it back. And unfortunatly I put another one in it when I did the same. It's cosmetic I guess and shouldn't matter. As far as the rivets I just need to get new onew. They said they break easy so?  I could send it back too  :shruggy: As far as everything else it is looks good.

The70RT

Rear suspension in. Last pic is a before one  :eek2:

hemi-hampton

The70RT

Front suspension done. Waiting on torsion bar dust boots. What's the deal with the price....they act like their made of gold  ::) I got the poly ones 1/4 the cost and they look nothing like the originals. I didn't care that they didn't look original but I couldn't get them on. I guess you have to be a super hero or something. I usually find a way to get the job done but this didn't happen. I lubed them, heated them and gave up. The only way I did get them on was when the bar wasn't in the car. Maybe there is a trick to it but I gave up and ordered the originals.

The70RT

Thanks Leon. The the brake pedal assembly had a little surface rust but now it's ready to install.

moparstuart

The70RT

Thanks Stuart. But is slow motion if you ask me....feels like it anyway.

The70RT

E-brake assy is done too. Waiting on the booster to come back from the rebuilders. 90 some bucks plus shipping. I though that was cheap compared to Year One - 300 ish  :P