News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Refinished some more parts. Anodized finish came on the rear swaybar hardware and I cleared them for more durability. I painted my front sway bar black since I seen it was black from the factory. The rear jug was checked out by my machine shop and they disassembled it said it looked like new inside, they did the cleaning and adjusting and put in a new seal.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

knitz01

FLG

Awesome!

Btw wondering whats the cooking time on that third memeber? Do you just boil or pan fry?  :nana:  :slap:  :smilielol:

The70RT

Quote from: FLG on October 26, 2008, 08:52:47 PM
Awesome!

Btw wondering whats the cooking time on that third memeber? Do you just boil or pan fry?  :nana:  :slap:  :smilielol:

Thanks, only a 323 but should still boil  :D

Quote from: knitz01 on October 26, 2008, 08:22:07 PM
:o very nice indeed :cheers:

:cheers:

FLG

Well judging by the picture then if your going to boil you might need a bigger pot  :lol:

The70RT

A few more parts......

The70RT

Soon to be back on the ground  :P

The70RT

hemi-hampton

AKcharger

I'd be scared to drive it and get it dirty!

are the bare metal parts clear coated? how will you pertect them from rust?

Awesome job!

Finn

Blast! Ive found another part I'm missing (that shield thing above the pinion area on the diff).
But on the plus side yours is looking great!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

FLG

Nice work.

Fin are you referring to the pinion snubber?

tan top

:scope: ............doing some good work there Dude ... :2thumbs:..... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finn

Quote from: FLG on November 30, 2008, 02:08:16 PM
Nice work.

Fin are you referring to the pinion snubber?

Yup, pretty sure Im missing that. I dont remember taking it off at least lol.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Back N Black

Charger-Bodie

You are doing a fine job on those details!! Keep it up!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

Quote from: AKcharger on November 30, 2008, 01:57:16 PM
I'd be scared to drive it and get it dirty!

are the bare metal parts clear coated? how will you pertect them from rust?

Awesome job!

Thanks everyone. I used Glisten PC to clear them. It suppose to be a rock hard top coat that's not suppose to chip crack or peel  ::) It will be good enough I guess.

hemi-hampton

Do they make that in a non glossy clear? LEON.

The70RT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 30, 2008, 04:33:33 PM
Do they make that in a non glossy clear? LEON.

They make gloss & semi-gloss only. I used semi-gloss.  I put it on my gas tank too. Here is a link for more info. It is kinda pricy but a little goes a long way.

http://www.por15.com/prodinfo.asp?grp=GPC&dept=6

tommymac

Reealy nice,what disc kit did you use ? it looks like ECI or something like that Do you like them?Yea Id be Afraid of driving that also.

The70RT

Quote from: tommymac on November 30, 2008, 08:46:56 PM
Reealy nice,what disc kit did you use ? it looks like ECI or something like that Do you like them?Yea Id be Afraid of driving that also.

The front discs will be stock again. When I first started one thing led to another and I figured everything needed replaced or cleaned up so here I am. I don't plan on driving it in the elements but if I am on a cruise somewhere and it rains....it rains. I plan on driving it for 30 years if I live that long.

skip68

:o   Man, that's dedication.   :2thumbs:  That car is going to be so nice I'd be afraid to drive it.   :2thumbs:   :scratchchin:  We should put it in my garage and add it to my collection.  :icon_smile_big:  It's looking real good Dennis.  :2thumbs:  Very nice work...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2008, 10:37:19 PM
:o   Man, that's dedication.   :2thumbs:  That car is going to be so nice I'd be afraid to drive it.   :2thumbs:   :scratchchin:  We should put it in my garage and add it to my collection.  :icon_smile_big:  It's looking real good Dennis.  :2thumbs:  Very nice work...
yeah he loves collecting other peoples car  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on December 01, 2008, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2008, 10:37:19 PM
yeah he loves collecting other peoples car  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Thanks Chuck  :2thumbs: Yeah I know Stuart  :laugh: Chuck better get a bigger garage. If I run a power tour next time it goes through Vegas I'm not leaving it out in his hood overnight  :lol: Hell if the thieves that hit his van have been reading his threads lately I don't think they would &%@ with him again though anyway :smilielol: