News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just saw this on TV

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 25, 2007, 11:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I was just watching this movie about a kid in a wheelchair who gets into soapbox racing. Frankie Muniz plays in it. I just noticed a yellow 1970 Charger in the background.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dodge Don

I broke a shoelace awhile back

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

kab69440

But, did you break it while near a Charger? If not, the information is useless, and does not belong on this forum.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Daytona R/T SE

I had a case of the shits today. :flush:

Damned Chinese lunch buffet  :flame:

69bronzeT5

Ok, this thread is going WAAAYYYYYYY downhill. Mods, I think its time :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:

1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Rocky

:pity:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Rocky

skip68

Give the kid a chance at least! Gheez!!!!!
Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NHCharger

Quote from: skip68 on April 01, 2007, 08:21:32 AM
Mrs.Skip68
;)

We give him 11.957 chances per day (his number of daily posts). He needs to realize its quality not quantity that counts, now off to the chicks on chargers thread  ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Chargen69

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 01, 2007, 12:46:32 AM
Ok, this thread is going WAAAYYYYYYY downhill. Mods, I think its time :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:

:shortbus:

dkn1997

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2007, 12:36:43 AM
I had a case of the shits today. :flush:

Damned Chinese lunch buffet  :flame:

as long as your bathroom is within 60 feet of your charger, then the post qualifies here and even if it does not, it's more interesting than seeing a charger in a movie.
RECHRGED

Rocky

DKN congratulations on 1,500 posts! :cheers:

Troy

I have actually seen bits and pieces of that movie a while back. It had Gary Busey as the kids' uncle and it was a sci-fi or horror movie I think. I don't remember if I saw a Charger because it wasn't real interesting and I only caught a few scenes while flipping channels.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

Quote from: Rocky on April 01, 2007, 12:40:27 PM
DKN congratulations on 1,500 posts! :cheers:

Thanks Rock, I did not even realize that.  figures with my luck that I hit a milestone by talking about another guy taking a dump!!
RECHRGED

BB1

70 Chargers aren't real Chargers.  :-*
Delete my profile

Charger1973

I like to watch cars in older movies, its cool to see them driving around and its always fun to notice a Charger in the background.  Theres quite a few in Cheech and Chongs "Up in Smoke".   :yesnod:

I noticed this 1st gen a while back on one of the episodes of the A Team on the season 1 set.  Cant remember the episode now though...    Anyways there were some better shots since the main shootout of the episode takes place right here, but I couldnt get my screenshot tool to work after the first picture.  Oh well.  Its a really strange looking car, it almost looks like a chop top and the windows are either painted over or are replaced with metal.  Looks like holes cut in them for guns too.  It wasnt used in the show other than something to hide behind.  I wonder if its something that was created for another show?  Maybe it was and was never used.   :scratchchin:

Vainglory, Esq.

red72chrgr

Quote from: Vainglory on April 01, 2007, 03:04:48 PM

???

Maybe the 66-67 Charger from the A-team show was just something the writers/producers figured would be found in a junkyard. I kinda like the chopped top look. Makes it look low and mean. As for 69BronzeT5, he's young. Did it ever occur to any of you "holier than thou" types that just maybe the young man wants to be given some guidance? Oh wait, you were better than him at his age right? Troy, I'm outta here if that's what these "charger lovers" are all about.
Nothing personal, just business

Dodge Don

Quote from: BB1 on April 01, 2007, 02:50:39 PM

There you go...now you're getting the hang of this thing called kibitzing.  :stirthepot:

Charger1973

Quote from: red72chrgr on April 01, 2007, 03:44:00 PM
Quote from: Vainglory on April 01, 2007, 03:04:48 PM

???

Maybe the 66-67 Charger from the A-team show was just something the writers/producers figured would be found in a junkyard. I kinda like the chopped top look. Makes it look low and mean. As for 69BronzeT5, he's young. Did it ever occur to any of you "holier than thou" types that just maybe the young man wants to be given some guidance? Oh wait, you were better than him at his age right? Troy, I'm outta here if that's what these "charger lovers" are all about.
:iagree:

And whats with the crackhead comment? 

Chris G.

I agree.  :notworthy: We should be put on an island somewhere and left to rot. ;)

6pkrunner

Quote from: Chris G. on April 01, 2007, 04:22:23 PM

I agree.  :notworthy: We should be put on an island somewhere and left to rot. ;)

Awful mean thing to do to some unsuspecting island.  ;D What's the current price of eggs in China?

70charger_boy

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 01, 2007, 02:52:56 PM
I like to watch cars in older movies, its cool to see them driving around and its always fun to notice a Charger in the background.  Theres quite a few in Cheech and Chongs "Up in Smoke".   :yesnod:

I noticed this 1st gen a while back on one of the episodes of the A Team on the season 1 set.  Cant remember the episode now though...    Anyways there were some better shots since the main shootout of the episode takes place right here, but I couldnt get my screenshot tool to work after the first picture.  Oh well.  Its a really strange looking car, it almost looks like a chop top and the windows are either painted over or are replaced with metal.  Looks like holes cut in them for guns too.  It wasnt used in the show other than something to hide behind.  I wonder if its something that was created for another show?  Maybe it was and was never used.   :scratchchin:

That charger was used on the tv show greatest american hero with robert culp and william katt.  It was used to rob banks.  The tv show was created by stephen j cannell who created the a team.

Chris G.

Quote from: 6pkrunner on April 01, 2007, 04:32:03 PM
Awful mean thing to do to some unsuspecting island.  ;D What's the current price of eggs in China?

:haha: :cheers:

Charger1973

Right on.  Never heard of it but I will have to look into it now.   :D

70charger_boy

It was a show about this school teacher(william Katt) who received a special suit from aliens and lost the directions to it.  Robert culp, an FBI agent was his sidekick and the very hot connie seleca was his girlfriend

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/

skip68

Quote from: NHCharger on April 01, 2007, 08:27:11 AM
Quote from: skip68 on April 01, 2007, 08:21:32 AM
Mrs.Skip68
;)

We give him 11.957 chances per day (his number of daily posts). He needs to realize its quality not quantity that counts, now off to the chicks on chargers thread  ;)

I AGREE...., SOMETIMES HE GET'S OUT OF CONTROL (POSTING WHERE HE SHOULD BE SILENT!) AND CAN GET UNDER OUR SKIN...SO TO SPEAK.  BUT HE IS A MOPAR KID AND THERE COULD BE WORSE THINGS THAT HE IS INTERESTED IN! :yesnod: HAVEN'T YOU EVER WATCHED A MOVIE AND THOUGHT YOU CAUGHT A GLIMPSE OF A OLD CLASSIC MOPAR AND REWOUND????????? I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES CHUCK AND I HAVE DONE THAT!!!! :yesnod:  food for thought before you bash!
Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70charger_boy

guys, would you rather have a kid go post crazy on a mopar site or do drugs?????// nuff said leave him alone

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 25, 2007, 11:26:16 PM
I was just watching this movie about a kid in a wheelchair who gets into soapbox racing. Frankie Muniz plays in it. I just noticed a yellow 1970 Charger in the background.

Cody,

The movie you are talking about is called "Miracle In Lane 2"  It was a TV movie.

Good catch! :2thumbs: :METAL:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BB1

Delete my profile

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 01, 2007, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 25, 2007, 11:26:16 PM

Cody,

The movie you are talking about is called "Miracle In Lane 2"  It was a TV movie.

Good catch! :2thumbs: :METAL:

v/r
Mike

Bingo, thats it!