News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NSS and reverse light probs...

Started by Hemidog, March 26, 2007, 06:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

My reverse lights don't work. I've read that the 68 had a switch on the shifter, but mines gone.
Ive got a 76-78 400 in my car, and a 3 pin NSS on my 727, is it possible that i got the 69 and later reverse light switch?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The reverse lights & NSS are one switch with the 3 pin....1 pin is ground, one NSS and one reverse lights....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

yes on 68 is one pin NSS and back up lamp switch is on shifter

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 26, 2007, 06:48:40 AM
The reverse lights & NSS are one switch with the 3 pin....1 pin is ground, one NSS and one reverse lights....

Since 69 is 3 pins NSS. Center pin ground on N and P to close circuit on starter relay... that's the NSS function. The outer pins are positive in and out to reverse lights. They are the reverse switch function. Becarefull, because one of the wires that feed the reverse function is allways HOT ( with ignition key on ). Must come from accesories side of fusebox.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

The 3-pin NSS was actually introduced late in the '68 model year (5-15-68).

If the car originally had a console mounted BU light switch and now has a later trans with a 3-pin switch, it's a simple matter to move the 2 wires from the console area to the trans mounted switch; the outer pins on the switch are for the BU lights.

If the car is a later '68 that originally came with the 3-pin switch and the BU lights don't work, look for a faulty switch or a wiring problem. With the ignition switch in the ON position, there should be battery voltage at one of the outer sockets on the connector; jumpering across the 2 outer sockets on the connector should bring the BU lights on when the ign. switch is ON.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Hemidog

trying to find out where the wires goes from the NSS, but my diagram is for a 68, anyone got a diagram for 69 and later? engine bay and dash.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog