News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what gender is your charger?

Started by 68charger70cuda, March 25, 2007, 06:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

joflaig

In arguably the birthplace of the car, Germany, it is neuter: "das Auto". Like other some other languages everything in German is either female (die), male (der) or neuter (das). Anyway, interesting...

2much2learn

my 74 charger is simply.......my baby :coolgleamA:.....just dont tell my girlfriend :D
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

onebadmopar

mines a chic always giving me problems attracts alot of stares  bleeds my bank account dry  and when it roars everyone listens

OneofNoneRT

Definitly a Girl!!  ;)It just tears me up when shes topless!!  :coolgleamA:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HeavyFuel

I'm starting to think that mine is a homosexual dude. 

It seems like I'm always taking it in the ass in one way or another during the restoration of that car.   :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

Quote from: TK73 on June 11, 2008, 10:07:52 AM
Neither, it's a car... period. 

Never been much on "genderfyin" inanimate objects...
I agree mine's simply known as "the charger" or "my charger" neither male or female.

JimShine

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 11, 2008, 11:55:18 PM
Quote from: TK73 on June 11, 2008, 10:07:52 AM
Neither, it's a car... period. 

Never been much on "genderfyin" inanimate objects...
I agree mine's simply known as "the charger" or "my charger" neither male or female.

I am with you guys.

And though my car is painted like a GL, I don't refer to it as "The General" or "General Lee". I refer to it as "The Charger", "My Charger", or "My GL".

4aThrill

I refer to her as Baby; but most of the times I call her baby because I want her to behave herself before I start getting rough with her; she likes it when I get rough though  :coolgleamA: . She likes it when I have to go under the hood or under the car and twiddle with things to get her running again :D . So in a way my Charger is female and she loves to scream like a raped ape on all the roads that we travel together on.  :drive:

IowaCharger69

I think I may have already answered this but I'm super lazy and will not go back and see, so here it is again?

My car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cool to be a chic. Cool like Sinatra, Samuel Jackson, Wolverine, and Darth Vader.

Lostsheep

Male.....Which is the first car I have ever owned that was a male, the whole General Lee thing. But if his transformation continues to fade he very well might get a sex change.<<<<<<<Dont tell him that. :whistling:

kidsixpack

Sorry no Chargers here but my Bee's are both boys!  Why?  Because they have balls!
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

Dans 68

She is a she. No doubt about it.   :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

I'll bring this one back from the dead

My first Chevelle was named "Jolene" (female - RIP)
My second Chevelle is "Dixie" (female)
My F150 is "Meanie" (male)
My wife named my Fairlane "Laine" (male)
My other Fairlane is "Polar" (male)

And of course my Charger is "General Lee" (male)

cavemanno1

My first charger the '69 was Nina!My wife gave her that name not sure why now.
My current charger the '68 not sure.Since I haven't seen her/him yet I don't know!
My 2,5 year old son keeps calling it chargy so i guess stays that.But is it a female or male not sure.Have a 440 and 4 speed so got balls,guess it's male than!

myk

No gender.  The car is like R2D2; it just IS...

Patronus

We call her "Luci" 'cause she's EVIL
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Baldwinvette77

Everyone calls my car "the screaming metal deathtrap"  :think:  Considering it takes all my money and currently does nothing in return it must be female  :scratchchin:

lukedukem

Quote from: myk on January 16, 2016, 08:27:53 AM
No gender.  The car is like R2D2; it just IS...

Agree with you Mike, mines my favorite droid.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

DixieRestoParts

Things of grace, speed or beauty are typically referred to as female. That being said, my Green '69 Charger is called Roxanne. Because back in 1983 when I got her, she was cheap and fast. $2200 off a used car lot. 440, 4spd, 3.54 Dana.

My Red Charger, I never really gave a name to, other than calling her "baby" from time to time.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

polywideblock

the blue beast (71 rt ) is definitely male , the purple people meeter (71 roadrunner) is an attention hog and high maintenance so  I'd say female  :scratchchin:

still haven't figured the se  out   :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

tan top

nope !  its all ways been , simply , THE  CHARGER  !  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

HANDM

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 11, 2008, 02:16:06 PM
Mine's a girl....Layla ;)

Sex change then? On the first page you said it was named Nikki and it was male, now it's layla??

I named mine Nikki (in honour of my dog- angel) and my dog was a male so my car is male.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 16, 2016, 10:09:01 AM
Everyone calls my car "the screaming metal deathtrap"  :think:  Considering it takes all my money and currently does nothing in return it must be female  :scratchchin:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: