News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One Child Born To Carry On,.. To Carry On....

Started by Brock Samson, March 25, 2007, 09:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

hey folks!
I've been thinking about the future and have been making plans for my eventual passing, i've taken care of the obvious stuff such as life insurance for the nieces and such but i'm wondering where would my cars end up?..
So, i was thinking it would be nice to will them to a poor youngster who appreciates them "things" and would like to read your thoughts on the subject...
When i say "poor" i mean a kid with out a dad or any means of achieving what we have all dreamed and worked so hard for.
BTW: i'm prepared for a bunch of your silly responses too...  :icon_smile_wink:

mikepmcs

How would you select such a child though?  Very admirable that you would want to do this but who will be handling your affairs after your passing(not that you are going anywhere soon I hope)

Why not give the cars to your nieces.  Keep Uncle Dave's car in the family so to speak. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RECHRGD

Well, I'm most likely alot older than you, so I guess I won't qualify.  Nice thought though, you have a good heart.  Just be sure that the youngster would REALLY appreciate what he's getting.  You will need to know him well and not just make a decision based upon his or her circumstances.  There are tons of poor (and not so poor) people that are not worthy of such a gift and would probably have the car trashed or sold within a week of your demise.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mikepmcs

:iagree:

You said exactly what I also wanted to say but couldn't find the right words.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mean 318

So all I have to do is get my dad outa the picture  ;). Its a nice thought, It has even crossed my mind... then my nephews where born ;D.  Good luck!

Charger1973

Im sure you could find such a kid at a car show.  I would do some local shows or even just cruise around.  If a kid is that into the cars, he will want to talk to you about the car and you will know.  Maybe even contact the local school and set up a small car show with a few friends for the kids to see.   Most would take the time to just hang out and skip class but the ones who were into the cars would have 8977544323 questions for you.  I know I would have.   :yesnod:   I wouldnt leave it to just anyone though because of their situation or it would be on ebay within a week when they found out what it was worth.  Or worse, painted orange and jumped over a creek for laughs.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Silver R/T

You gotta earn something, only then you can truly appreciate it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NHCharger

I agree with RECHRGD. These cars aren't cheap to maintain either, gas , insurance, hard to find parts, and the way the tree huggers are screaming we will all be paying a yearly pollution tax in another ten years.
As mentioned above I would try to find someone in the family tree to past your cars down to.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: NHCharger on March 25, 2007, 05:31:08 PM
I agree with RECHRGD. These cars aren't cheap to maintain either, gas , insurance, hard to find parts, and the way the tree huggers are screaming we will all be paying a yearly pollution tax in another ten years.
As mentioned above I would try to find someone in the family tree to past your cars down to.
I agree too. We had that discussion between my son and daughter, Who would get the Chally. So I asked them both the same question. What would you do to the Chally if I left it to you. My son basically said he would "Foose It" . My daughter said she loved it just the way it is an  would never change anything on it. So guess who's getting Mom's Mopar?  :icon_smile_big: And if this helps my daugher's sperm donor hasn't seen her in 7 years and she loves Mopars. :angel: j/k

NHCharger

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 25, 2007, 05:57:55 PM
my daugher's sperm donor hasn't seen her in 7 years and she loves Mopars. :angel: j/k

I've got a feeling we all know who's going to volunteer to be the next donor, right Liz :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: NHCharger on March 25, 2007, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 25, 2007, 05:57:55 PM
my daugher's sperm donor hasn't seen her in 7 years and she loves Mopars. :angel: j/k

I've got a feeling we all know who's going to volunteer to be the next donor, right Liz :D
That is just wrong.

mikepmcs

She was obviously raised correctly for sure!!! :thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

Back N Black

Your over looking the obvious, 69bronzet5?
Sorry couldn't resist.

skip68

I was tempted to go there,  but didn't,.... :yesnod: :-X :nana: :haha:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

O.K.
Had a looong talk with the oldest neice yesterday, (25 years of age) and when i asked if she'd be interested in the cars her eyes went...  :o
...  She's driven the R/T a couple of times and the Runner once and says they're "scary fast". She drives an Ambulance for a living BTW: She said she'd like to drive the Charger again now that i got the handeling issues sorted out (amazing what a freash set of tires will do  :icon_smile_wink: )
I mentioned the Charger Registy mopar meet in Aug. and asked if she'd be interested in going , and again she expressed a solid intrest, so I guess we have a winner!
Soon the wends night drags at Sears Point will start up, and I'll see if she wants to take the B.S.G. (the '71 340 road runner) and I'll drive the Skunk (the '69 R/T) and we'll race each other, then switch cars and have some laughs..
    The younger neice (17) is at the learners permit stage and at this point has no intrest in driving let alone cars, but i'd like to bring her along and have her race us driving my '99 Chysler 300 M ( A.K.A. Sweetheart).
Thanks for your advice folks.  :D

link to the charger registry info:
http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/2007%20eureka.htm

this sites' eureka registry meet thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,19763.0.html

68chrgrwife

ok I know no one else did it, but I just can't resist, especially since I AM in the age range.......Can I be a niece?  PLEASE!!!!  I am just a little older than your niece who is inot cars and I don't have a dad (Seriously he left when i was 14 months old and I have never seen/talked to/got anyting from him ever)!    :angel:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

dkn1997

If you could not find someone in the family who liked the car (even though you have) I would have suggested leaving it to someone in the family who is at least capable of selling it to someone who would appreciate it.  then the family member could use the money for something good like college or whatever.  and the car would go to a good home.
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

The only family i have left are my neices..   :-\

Ponch ®

I'm a poor kid from a disadvantaged background trying to work my way up in the world. A 69 Charger would be a great motivator.

Where do I send you my info, Brock...or should I say "dad'?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

6pkrunner

It's hard to sit down and think seriously about when you are no longer. Hard thing making a will. If the kid would appreciate the car then by all means leave it to him. Better than to some closer family member who doesn't give a rat's rear about it.

PocketThunder

Set up a poll on this site and donate it to a youngster who is a member here.  Then we can all coach him along with it so you will know its in good hands with the rest of us watching over it from down below. :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Forza

I just put myself up for adoption ;)

But seriously, very cool thing to do. Im sure your neice would appreciate it the most. If not *cough* Im up for adoption.  ;D

Ponch ®

Brock will do the right thing, like Angelina Jolie, and adopt a brown kid. Right, pops?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

68chrgrwife

no see she adopted a boy...Brock will have to adopt a girl....So ooohhh pick me, pick me, pick me!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

my73charger

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 02, 2007, 01:31:36 PM
no see she adopted a boy...Brock will have to adopt a girl....So ooohhh pick me, pick me, pick me!!!

she adopted both, Maddox and Sahara.

73dodge

i have 2 boys and only one of them is going to get my charger, hopefully it will be more than just an empty shell but one will be left out so you can make my boys happy and give it to one of them.

On a serious note if you want to make sure it will be taken care of after you die make sure you stipulate in your will as to what will happen to it after you die. Like it goes to my niece PROVIDED she keeps it in the family and passes it on to another generation. Or something like if she does not want it it should not be sold just passed to another relative that wants it or donate it to a museum.

Anyway don't forget she will probably have to pay taxes on it,

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73dodge on April 02, 2007, 02:52:18 PM
i have 2 boys and only one of them is going to get my charger, hopefully it will be more than just an empty shell but one will be left out

Easy. Just tell them that when its time, you will take sawzall down the middle of your Charger and each will get a half. If one of them says that he'd rather see the car go to someone else instead of being destroyed, you will know who the rightful heir is.

There. I'm still the front runner. Right?

71ChallengeHer

Well, Shelby needs a Dad and she does love Mopars. :angel:  So just adopt her, problem solved. :D

68chrgrwife

Quote from: The Iceman on April 02, 2007, 02:00:29 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 02, 2007, 01:31:36 PM

she adopted both, Maddox and Sahara.

picky picky....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 02, 2007, 06:45:27 PM
Well, Shelby needs a Dad and she does love Mopars. :angel:  So just adopt her, problem solved. :D

I AGREE!!!!!  I will give up my spot for her! 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 02, 2007, 09:41:58 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 02, 2007, 06:45:27 PM

I AGREE!!!!!  I will give up my spot for her! 
Thanks for the support, Charitye  :thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

konigcharger

wait... am i too late? i'd appreciate the road runner real good, i promise  :icon_smile_big:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: konigcharger on April 03, 2007, 12:52:33 AM
wait... am i too late? i'd appreciate the road runner real good, i promise  :icon_smile_big:

yupp too late Brock is gonna adopt Shelby and she's getting the car...sorry
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Brock Samson

Dave the admin of ALLPAR is jockin for the B.S.G. (runner) too..  :icon_smile_big:

So,..  who's going to the Eureka Charger Registry meet?..

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 04, 2007, 09:19:42 AM

So,..  who's going to the Eureka Charger Registry meet?..

why...do you need me to sign some paperwork?  :icon_smile_big: