News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

main bearing question

Started by davidlclassic, March 27, 2007, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlclassic

I have used the the bottom main bearings from another set that I had, the ones with the oil hole in them and put them on the top, my brother says this will work, and give more oil to the main bearings, during start up the engine builds oil pressure and runs good. We are installing the radiator and all the brackets now, so the motor hasn't been on the road yet, is this right or has by brother led me astray?
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

davidlclassic

Sorry I forgot to mention this is a 318 small block engine.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Although I cant offer you any assistance.....why would you wait till you are "installing the radiator & brackets now" to ask ????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chryco Psycho

the top & bottom shells are no different as long as the upper shell has an oil hole to feed the brg you are ok , but there are 1/2 groove & full groove sets of brgs , did you remove the grovved upper shell & replace it with a non grooved shell if so you are not ok

davidlclassic

just worried now that I have the engine running, that I may have done the wrong thing, I think according to chryco, I'm going to be okay, thanks guys I feel better now.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.