News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger is Painted!!!

Started by BlueSS454, March 24, 2007, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I finally painted the Charger today.  4 color coats and 3 clear coats.  There are no runs, I didn't step on the airline this time like I did on the Cuda, a few dirt speckles, but nothing a cut and buff won't take care of.  Here are some pics below.  Enjoy!!!

There are some more pics here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v249/BlueSS454/69%20Charger/
Tom Rightler

moparguy01

looks pretty good. But now for the obligatory "wheres the 01 and the flag?!?!"  :icon_smile_big:

now you can proceed with your day.  :icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

Back N Black

Looks good my man, looks good. :yesnod:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Looks great and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

THE COLONEL

NICE JOB!!!! :o  I wish I had even 1/1000th of that talent.  Heck, I have trouble painting a popsicle stick! :yesnod:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Looks great...wait...what is that, a dead fly stuck in the paint on the hood?? :scope:

Nope, false alarm, Looks great! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

LargerCharger383

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

bandit67

Blue SS,  HOW was your car painted.......I mean , I see the hood and truck lid were attached. Do you paint the trunk and under trunk lid several coats along with the engine bay, THEN close both hoods and shoot the rest of the car the number of coats you wish.  The two I have done were painted separate, then assembled. I see most folks are assembling the car, getting the gaps right and then paint. Any pointers you could pass on.........love the car, color and efforts to get it to this point......J

Neal_J

Doright

Nice job!       Really nice Paint booth!!!!!!!!!     Down draft wow!   Is it yours?

Cant waite till I can get mine up and going, I'm ganna paint every thing!
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

73rallye440magnum

That looks really nice! Sand and buff and she'll be smooth like butta!
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

BlueSS454

Quote from: bandit67 on March 26, 2007, 02:38:54 PM
Blue SS,  HOW was your car painted.......I mean , I see the hood and truck lid were attached. Do you paint the trunk and under trunk lid several coats along with the engine bay, THEN close both hoods and shoot the rest of the car the number of coats you wish.  The two I have done were painted separate, then assembled. I see most folks are assembling the car, getting the gaps right and then paint. Any pointers you could pass on.........love the car, color and efforts to get it to this point......J

I cut in the engine bay and underside when it was still on the rotisserie.  I masked off the engine bay when I started laying down primer coats, but it still managed to get a little messed up so I'm going to redo some parts of it.  I also painted the underside of the hood and deck lid, then masked them off before I shot the outside of the car.  I cut in the door jambs and back sides of the doors and fenders before I installed them.  I masked off the back of the doors, as well as the door jambs.  I did leave a tape line, but you can't see it, I hid it that good :).  As for the trunk jam area, I shot that by lifting the trunk lid up, spraying each coat, then lowering the lid to apply the full outer coats.
I could have panel painted it, and reassembled, but for my situation, it just wasn't practical.  I shot the black on the tail panel today, I figured out a better way to do it than using the organisol paint, and much cheaper (material didn't cost me a dime  ;D).  I'm taking it out of the booth tomorrow so I'll get some better shots of the car in the sunlight and post them up.
Tom Rightler

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BlueSS454

Here are a couple pics of it out of the booth in the sunlight.  I'll put up a bunch more after it's all cut and buffed, hopefully by the end of next week.

Tom Rightler

timmy

jaak

Looks great!!!!  Now don't keep us hanging... what did you use on the tail panel?

Jason