News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger quarter windows

Started by wayniac, March 23, 2007, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayniac

Hello to all,I am new here and in need of some help with the quarter window adjustment.I recently restored the car and cannot seem to get the top of the windows to go in far enough to engage the weatherstripping.All the linkage looks good etc.The r.h. one is close while the L.h one is so far out I dont see how it will ever go over far enough to work properly.Any thoughts or previous known tips would be really appreciated.

Troy

Gonna move this to paint and body because that's usually when most people have to adjust the windows. Plus, that's where the guys who know how to do it are. ;)

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

wayniac

I also forgot I do not have the inside trim in yet.Will this make a difference?

resq302

Wayniac,

Welcome to the site.  I just replaced all of my rollers last year in my rear windows.  Easiest thing I found was to go by the factory repair manual as there are more than one adjustment that might need to be done on your car.  Main thing is to take your time and constantly check it by rolling it up and down.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1st_charger

I'm in the same boat and not having any luck with the factory service manual.

I'm not having any luck with the adjustment of the 1/4 windows they meet the top seal and still have about an inch and a 1/2 before they meet the window and the top of the glass is pitched in to far missing the weather striping and hitting the inside roof rail trim. This is a power window car if that makes a difference.

resq302

There should be a large nut with a bolt that comes to a hex.  That will be your in and out adjustment.  If I remember correctly, there was about 3 or 4 of them.  That controlled how much in and out your window went to fit into the channel.  What I did was loosen or remove the upper stop and lower stop and then adjusted the window.  When I got that adjusted, I then reinstalled the stops to make sure it stopped where it needed to.  Its complicated at first but once you get the hang of itit goes fairly easily.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

wayniac

well I just installed the R.H front window and it was easy,very easy to adjust.I am waitng to install the weatherstrip on the inside of the rear windows.I will post results.Thanks.