News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RD HAS A SON!

Started by RD, March 23, 2007, 10:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Sorry havent been on in a while, life has been hectic.  Not like anyone has missed me (except Nacho! thanks for the PM buddy!) hehe

Here are pictures of my son that was born on March 21, 2007 at 4:25 am.  He was 7 lbs, 10.2 oz and 19 1/2" long.  His name is Jonah Michael Bradley Hancock.

Story behind the name (long isn't it?).  Jonah I picked out because it was biblical, Michael my wife picked out because she has always wanted it, Bradley because I had a cousin who died from a car accident and I miss him, and Hancock, well... that is my last name :D

Scary thing happened though... Wife was having complications with medication, Jonah didn't care for it either during the labor process.  An emergency c-section had to happen.  While on the cutting block, anesthesiologist was given wrong pain numbing medication!!!  Wife was given not only the wrong med's, but 20X MORE!!! than what she should have.  It shut down her autonomic nervous system in regards to her breathing.  If she fell asleep, she would not breathe!  We had to keep her awake and poke her (and sometimes yell at her) to breathe every 7-10 seconds.  That lasted from 6 am until 6 pm that evening.

I was horrified when I found out.  I was so angry and so scared (but mostly scared) as to what might have happened if she had respiratory failure and then cardiac failure.  But, all is better now and I went to each of those who were involved with the mishap and let them know that I held no ill will.  Forgiveness is very important.  Everything happens for a reason. 

Anyway, momma and son are very healthy and that is all that matters.

Pics:

A before picture :D :

After Pictures:

Wife Amelia and Jonah

Just Jonah:

will have more later.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

Congratulations!! and welcome back
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

firefighter3931

Quote from: RD on March 23, 2007, 10:21:48 AM

Jamey, lay off the cheeseburgers....that's quite the paunch you're sporting !  :nana: :lol:

Congrats on the new gearhead....Jonah is a fine looking kid.  :icon_smile_big: Happy to hear everyone is doing well !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Shakey

mikepmcs

Jamey,
Congratulations on the new addition.  Cool name too.

Glad your wife is doing well and everything turned out great in the end. :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemigeno

ramit

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!  It amazes me how doctors can make mistakes like that. ::)

my73charger

Charger_Fan

Congrats to you & the Mrs.! :cheers:
The wrong medication problem sounds way scary, I'm glad it turned out well. *whew!* :o

4 names! Man, that kid's gonna have a rough kindergarten, trying to write his name. :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

What a cutie......congrats. Sorry to hear about the near horror story. Those stories are too common......I know my wife works in a law firm and they see that all the time. Glad it all worked out.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GTX

And another Mopar fan is born.  Congrats!!! :2thumbs:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 23, 2007, 01:22:38 PM
Congrats to you & the Mrs.! :cheers:
The wrong medication problem sounds way scary, I'm glad it turned out well. *whew!* :o

4 names! Man, that kid's gonna have a rough kindergarten, trying to write his name. :nana:

my two youngest have long names like that and I had fun with the first one of the two...Spelt her first name wrong and the second name different (Antionette Mychelle Allie Pauley, and Dakota-Sarah Trinity Pauley).  My oldest daughter is mad because she doesn't have three names (Mackenzie Ann Pauley). 

Congrats on the cute little one, and glad to hear that mom is doing well. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

moparguy01

Lets just all hope the kid looks more like his mother.  :P

Congrats again buddy!

TruckDriver

Congrads Jamey!!!  :2thumbs: :cheers:

You only missed the free Hemi Charger give away Troy had ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrads to you & your wife!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

Congrats to you and the wife.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

red72chrgr

Congrats to you and mom! Glad all turned out well.
Nothing personal, just business

71ChallengeHer

Congrats, beautiful baby.

BB1

OMG he looks just like you... I'm sorry.  ;)

Congrats another Mafia member. The son of RD, so many MoPar tales to tell.

Delete my profile

2fast4u

Well if this is your first, then welcome to fatherhood. . .and if it's not than congratulations anyways!! :2thumbs:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

konigcharger

Congradulations RD :cheers:

Glad everything worked out  ^-^

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Brock Samson

YES! Me too!
sweet little bugger,.. the kid looks ok...
lol..  :pity:

Nacho-RT74

HEEEEEEY, GREEEAT EVERYTHING BECOMES GOOD !!!!!!

eeehm I'm still not jelous... I like to get first a daughter... eeehm, ok I need first a grilfriend and marry to get a daughter LOL... j/k
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparguy01

id rather not have a daughter. with a son you just need to worry about 1 guy, with a daughter you have to worry about ALL guys.

THE COLONEL

Congrats on your arrival!!! :yesnod:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Wow, sounds like way too much drama to deal with during a birth. It's enough the poor girl is having a baby then you add drug complications and breathing problems on top and that's a recipe for dad to start yelling at the medical "professionals" in a hurry. I think I'd try a different hospital next time.

My wife is an animal. :icon_smile_evil: She had both our girls with no drugs.

At any rate, I'm glad it all turned out well. Congratulations!

Johnny SixPack

Congrats, Jamie! :cheers:

Thank God it all turned out right in the end, man! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

dart3404

NHCharger

BTW. I meant to ask you a riddle.
What does a married man with children and a gay man have in common.

Neither can remember the last time they had sex with a woman. :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

RD

Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 25, 2007, 12:14:14 PM
Congrads :2thumbs:

bwhahahahhahahaha!!!  Thanks so much for the laugh!

and thanks to all with your kind words.  Kid and mom got released yesterday and we are at home now.  things are going well and I am glad my son is out of the "black tar" turd stage!  (those who are parents know what I mean).

I will have a new pic of the new "mopar" fan soon. Thanks again.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Wheels of Terror

:cheers: Congradulations!!!!! He sure is a cutie pie!! I'm glad that Mom and Baby are healthy!   i can't wait to see more pics. What car did you drive him home in? did you start him off right?  :angel:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

RD

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on March 25, 2007, 08:43:15 PM
:cheers: Congradulations!!!!! He sure is a cutie pie!! I'm glad that Mom and Baby are healthy!   i can't wait to see more pics. What car did you drive him home in? did you start him off right?  :angel:

drove him home in the '99 Dodge Cummins!!!!!

Charger_Croatia

Congratulations, Jamey!! I'm glad that they are both fine now.  :cheers:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport