News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Our" new interceptors - they got me

Started by Charger_Croatia, March 23, 2007, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

Lately our Ministry of Interior is trying hard to reduce accidents caused by speeding. One of the measures are new interceptors, different producers and models. I heard for few of them (like VW Passat V6, Ford Mondeo RS, Mercedes C class Compressor) but it seems that is not all. Few days ago I was driving back home after finish my job. Not too many cars on the road, motorway (allowing speeds up to 100 kmh). At one point I went on fast lane to pass by few cars and I have noticed one brand new Mercedes E class following me at distance about 100 yards. I was trying to look at my view mirrors for possible cameras or beam sending unit but I did not see anything (usually you could see something "unusual" behind interceptor windshield). And, I didn't know for E Class interceptor. Still at that time I was within limits.

Just before city entrance E class jump in front of me and the next thing I saw was blue flashing lights (hidden behind rear glass) and warning "Follow me".  :o They got me on one short piece of the road where limit was 80 kmh and I was at 114 kmh. I've got two penalty points (you can have maximum 7 in two years) and 110 Euro to pay (around $145). That money could be spent much better.  :shruggy:
I was surprised how good resolution they have on the screen and than I could see new smaller beam sending unit and camera (hidden behind internal view mirror). No way to see them at their operating distance (I've been punked)

What to say - my foot is much lighter on the throttle now.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Arthu®

It's a nice cat and mouse game isn't it... Sucks about the ticket but hey at least you weren't in Holland that speed would have to make you appear in court and probably a fine of 200+ euros.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger_Fan

They're getting a lot more sneaky around here too, it's hard to tell a cop car from a regular car. They even have black tinted windows on many of them. :-\ There's trucks too, that look like contractor's trucks.

They're just plain taking all the fun out of speeding these days. :rotz:           :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CharlieCharger

I remember in pasco county, Florida they had plumbers vans as surveillance vehicals, and the latter racks were actually antennas..no joke.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 23, 2007, 01:33:37 PM

They're just plain taking all the fun out of speeding these days. :rotz:           :icon_smile_tongue:

:iagree: That's true. You can't be sure who is behind you. When they stopped me they gave me an advice " If you see the car following you, droop your speed and get out of the fast lane!" I've heard that there are 6 different vehicles cruising within my town area (let's see: One C class, one E class, one VW Passat, one older BMW 5, one new BMW 3, one Audi -not sure about model). All of them can reach 155 mph without a problem.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

AKcharger

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 02, 2007, 04:45:03 PM
I remember in pasco county, Florida they had plumbers vans as surveillance vehicals, and the latter racks were actually antennas..no joke.

Hey I used to live there...in Port Richey

Arthu®

Overhere they use garbage cans with cameras in them... Nah it has gotten more fun, it wouldn't be no fun if there wasn't a possibility to get caught. It's just about who is the smartest and of course a little luck is involved.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986