News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger Floor hump

Started by venom04, March 22, 2007, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom04

I'm missing the floor hump from my 69 charger, Its a factory column shift car but i want to make it a console shift car.  Now the question is,  I've got a 76 Charger out back would that hump work for the 69 if i do alittle finessing?  and would the console mount up with some work?
:drive:

GTX

I dunno about using a '76 hump although I had a good hump in '76  ;D  but this may help a little....on not.

-Dave

Charger_Fan

You're wanting to convert it to a console shift for an automatic, or 4-speed? If it's an automatic, the hump is the same for column shift & console shift...the only difference is the hole is punched in the floor for the linkage to go through & console brackets welded in.

Here's some good pics on bracket positioning; http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4278&highlight=
The 2nd to the last pic shows the open linkage hole, your hump should have the same raised area for the hole, just not punched out. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

venom04

Thats exactly what i needed to know thanks so much
:drive: