News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a fair price for 73' Rally rims ?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, March 22, 2007, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Hi,
  I need some advice. Is $300 a fair price for a set of 4, 73' rally rims with trim rings, centers, lug nuts,& tires.  ???
They are 14" but I could really use them for my 74' Satellite.
It will be a 4 hour round trip for me to pick them up. The fuel will cost me $30 in my Honda Accord.
    Thank you for the help Mopar buddies. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

694spdRT

If the tires are good you would have that much or more in new ones without the rims. Plus, they are mounted and hopefully balanced so you don't have that cost. If you don't want them someone will even though 15" are more desirable. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BMOTOXSTAR

I would like 15"s but I think for the price, I can't go too wrong? ???
Does it seem like a high $ since they are 14"s? They are original rims, rings & centers. Not re-poops. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

I sold a set, I did have the center caps for $100,  mine did not have tires or trm rings and needed to be blasted and painted.  $300 for a set ready to mount doesn't sound bad to me.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TripleBlackGator

The price sounds good just looking at the pictures. My question is....they will all fit in a Honda Accord?  ???
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TruckDriver

That's a good price. I seen them 14 inchers a few times this spring go for around $300. without the trim rings. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

red72chrgr

Nothing personal, just business

pettyfan43

yeah those are decent rollers, Wouldn't bother me to put 3 bills in em, especially since it looks like all you gotta do is stick em on and ride.

chrisII

ive got 4 of em fer sale. tires are all junk an rims are painted plum crazy but ill just be happy to make the room in my storage shed!

Neal_J

Last summer, I paid $250 for a nice set of 4 (14") on good BFG T/A's plus $100 shipping from Ohio to CA. 

$300 seems reasoanable.

Neal

RT DAVE

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on March 22, 2007, 03:44:03 PM
The price sounds good just looking at the pictures. My question is....they will all fit in a Honda Accord?  ???

For sure!  I fit five 15 inch cop rims w/ tires in my 98 neon!

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RT DAVE

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 22, 2007, 02:56:28 PM
Hi,
  I need some advice. Is $300 a fair price for a set of 4, 73' rally rims with trim rings, centers, lug nuts,& tires.  ???
It will be a 4 hour round trip for me to pick them up. The fuel will cost me $30 in my Honda Accord.

Were you at?  It seems a little high, but not crazy high.   I have a set myself that I'll have no use for soon. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: RT DAVE on March 23, 2007, 02:41:56 PM
Hi,

Were you at?  It seems a little high, but not crazy high.   I have a set myself that I'll have no use for soon. 

I am sooo pissed off.  I am getting ready to go & pick up the deal & the guy calls me and says that he now wants $400.
I told him no way! $300 is a fair price. The thing is they are on E-Scam and he started the bidding at $300, I am the only bidder & the auction has 1 day left. I told him I would come out and he could end the auction and save $ on item sold fee's.
He thinks that the set up is worth $600 & that $400 is fair.
I am really pissed off!  :flame:
I really wanted a bolt on and drive Rally wheel set up. I could see a high $ if they were 15's, I told him this and he does not care. I think this pud is a jerk. What a waste of time.
If he calls me back and says that he will take $300 like he first agreed to I am going to tell him to shove those Rallys up his poop chute! :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Daytona R/T SE

Hi,

Times may have changed, but 5-6 years ago 14" rallies weren't worth crap. I had a set very similar to the ones you were considering, Trim rings, 72 and up center caps, lugs, the whole works. The tires were OK had about 50% tread left, the wheels and rings,etc. were in very good shape. I dragged them around to several swap meets, people would walk up and say "14's?" and just walk away-completely uninterested. Keep in mind these were all-mopar shows/swaps.  In the end I felt lucky when I sold them for $45.

I have another set of 14's taking up space in the shed-the only reason they haven't wound up in the dumpster is they are the original wheels off of my '72...If for some strange reason I want to go back to stock someday, I keep them around...

BMOTOXSTAR

I know man,
  10 years ago I could not give away the 14"s that I had on my 73' SE & I bought 15"s and put them on. I ended up selling both sizes with the car. I still feel that 14's are common. I wanted to stay within a budget on the car I am slapping them on, a original granny style  74' Satellite. I should almost keep the stock hub caps & wheels on the Satellite  & buy some new Radial TA's.Those seem to be a avergae good tire for a budget price. Nacho's Charger looks mean with the caps on.
   The last meet I was at, this past winter in Columbus, there was a set of 14" Rallys, just the wheels & they sold for $60. I felt that for the entire deal , ready to slap on complete that $300 was fair.   
    The person with them for sale said that if he does not get $400 that he is not going to sell them even if I win the bid at $300. :rotz: That is like going back on your word.  :yesnod:
     I was all pumped, ready to go pick them up after work today & the man gets shady on me. :nutkick:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Well,
   I won the bid at $330. The guy sold me the set up. I am very happy and everyting worled out good. Finally a good transaction on E-Bay for Mopar parts. I have over 600 transactions on E-Bay and this is the 1st time any of the Mopar parts have worked out.
   Wow, the Rally's really make the Satellite come alive. I also was able to get dual (exhaust) put on this week for $400, 2 1/4 inch. A local shop did the work & they actually know about Mopars.
    Now I just hope I win the bid on the re-pop slotted tips I am bidding on.I am on a tight budget and saving just a little $ adds up. :yesnod:
Thank you all for the help and input once again. I have friends in this town ! :cheers:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TruckDriver

WOW! That did really dress it up nice! :yesnod:

When you finish fixing it up the way you want, you going to take it back to the original owner to show her what you did? I would.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah man,
   That would be cool. The car had to mean something to her, she had it for 30 some years. It means something to me and I have only owned the car a few weeks. I could not imagine buying a new Mopar from the dealer back in the 70's. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71ChallengeHer

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 23, 2007, 08:59:12 PM
Nacho's Charger looks mean with the caps on.

Hey Thanks :D

I'm thinking anyway on  keystone Klassics ;) I already have an used set, but needs to be polished or rechromed, and changed them from 6" to 7" :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

looks great, you need to find you a RR hood now.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TripleBlackGator

I'm glad your wheel deal worked out in the end. They do look nice on the car. Will it be a daily driver?
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on March 31, 2007, 08:14:42 PM
I'm glad your wheel deal worked out in the end. They do look nice on the car. Will it be a daily driver?

Thanks Man,
  The Satellite will be my daily driver. I have a RR hood that I am thinking of blacking out & putting on. :rotz:
Glad I have a Mopar driver. Now I will not have to rush on finishing up my 73' Rally Charger. The Charger should be on the rad in June. I really can't wait.
     Thanks for all the help Mopar buddies. :cheers:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TruckDriver

I'd leave the Runner hood off. Looks good the way it is. Sure, the hood would look cooler if it was painted to match the car as it is now. But blacked out :-X
PETE